Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flag Football Tourny on Superbowl Saturday

• 17-01-2007 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

We will be having a Flag Football Tourny in St Anne's Park,Raheny, Dublin on Saturday 3rd February, starting at 12 noon.

Anyone interested in fielding a team, contact me at dacowboy71@hotmail.co.uk.

look like it will be a great day.

G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

how many players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

We are playing NFL 5v5 flag football. The rules are in the grass-roots section of www.nfle.com.

Simple game, good fun.

If you can field a team and need flags then i can lend you set.

I can even lend you a RINGER to help you get going.

G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Any team need a player?

Would be interested in playing but couldn't form a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭aoa321

aoa321.....this set of rules caused us a lot of confusion when we started playing flag as they are slightly different from the ones that are used in Europe.
    We use the ones in the grass roots section of NFL EUROPA as it is now called.

Arthur, if you send me an email to my address I will forward it to a team in your area or get you a game on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm on the Waterford team that will be heading up. Unfortunately, we have only been given very vague directions by our coach so if you could possibly help with directions from Dublin city centre (Heuston or Bus Aras, we'd be enternally grateful).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Flagtourny.jpg

29a brings you from City center and stops all the way along All Saints road right turn after texaco garage on Howth Road in Raheny. See Map have map marked. Also entrance to park is just above the C in All Saints Car Park.

29a bus route

Map just in case the above one is moved or deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If I can't find the place with that, then I ought to be shot. Thanks and I'll see you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭aoa321

I'm on the Waterford team that will be heading up.

Hi "|.Murderer.|" :confused: ,

Where do you play this game in Waterford? I've seen it on youtube, it looks like a good game. I'd like to see it played, if you have a league or whatever let me know where it's on and I'd like to go along and have a gander.

aoa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

Flag Football = ghey.

"oh no, don't hurt me - just pull off my yellow tag instead, you big ruffie"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Futureman wrote:
    Flag Football = ghey.

Don't knock it.

When full contact was on it's knees here Flag Football helped to keep it alive. Both the Dublin Dragons and the Dublin Rebels (probably the most successful team in Irish American Football history) were formed from teams that competed in the IFFA League.

Some of the toughest (and longest serving) players for both those teams played Flag Football. Brian and Andrew Dennehy, Dave Wheeler, Marcus Naylor, Al Burke, Johnny Durrad. If it's good enough for them...

It's a great way to learn the basics of the game before getting pummeled in your first session of full contact training.

Futureman wrote:
    Flag Football = ghey.

Get a life Dude. I know I shouldn't bad mouth you but I will. You think you are such a hard man come down Saturday and try it yourself. Dont forget alot of the guys that play the full contact version are playing on Saturday. See unlike you we all have lives and enjoy a fun sport everynow and then to entertain us. So beofre you post think. Loser

PS Boards guys I really dont care if you ban me for the above. Morons that sprout an uneducated and pathetic opinion should be banned all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

TITAN #1 wrote:
    We will be having a Flag Football Tourny in St Anne's Park,Raheny, Dublin on Saturday 3rd February, starting at 12 noon.
    Just to warn you lads the time is changed to 11.00 for the first matches so make sure your on time.
    PS. Cant wait.

Get a life Dude. I know I shouldn't bad mouth you but I will. You think you are such a hard man come down Saturday and try it yourself. Dont forget alot of the guys that play the full contact version are playing on Saturday. See unlike you we all have lives and enjoy a fun sport everynow and then to entertain us. So beofre you post think. Loser

PS Boards guys I really dont care if you ban me for the above. Morons that sprout an uneducated and pathetic opinion should be banned all together.
    lol @ you, mate.

I play full contact for the Carrickfergus Knights. Have done for years, and I respect the Rebels (and they beat us a few times in the Shamrock Bowl), and I namely respect the Dennehy bros, but flag is such a frustrating game - especially when your gay little velcro tag FALLS off!

Futureman wrote:
    lol @ you, mate.

I play full contact for the Carrickfergus Knights. Have done for years, and I respect the Rebels (and they beat us a few times in the Shamrock Bowl), and I namely respect the Dennehy bros, but flag is such a frustrating game - especially when your gay little velcro tag FALLS off!

I take it back then lol. I tought you were one of those Aholes that bad mouths the game without knowing anything about it :) you going Saturday?

Don't think so mate - I'd have to travel down! Flag ain't so bad, but I could never go back after playing full contact for so long, y'know?

Futureman......Re :Rugby for whimps in armour

TITAN #1 wrote:
    Futureman......Re :Rugby for whimps in armour
    What are you trying to say? Do you want me to look at that topic? Or is there just one post in there I should see? Or are you making a statement? What do you mean my "RE"? It makes no sense in the context of your post.

Try to communicate better in your next post - that one is a freakin' shambles.

My point is, you look down your nose at flag and rugby players look down their noses at you.....re: rugby for wimps in armour.

Pretty clear.

As I thought, Outlaws was right Futureman ,you lie like a cheap carpet.

I don't think you could find Carrickfergus with a Sat-nav.

• Advertisement
Advertisement