Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adaptable Power Output Router

• 17-01-2007 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to do a few tests on Power Output versus range for wireless routers, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a router that allows you to alter the power output. I know I can do it by swapping the location from europe to the US, but I'm looking for something with a bit more granularity than that.

I remember D-Link used to have a router that allowed this, but since its years ago since I remember it its probably end of lifed at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Third party firmwares (like DD-WRT or OpenWRT for the linksys wrt54g) usually allow you to set the power output to a level you require. Some info/links here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Yeah I've seen them before. I'd prefer if at all possible to not use them as its a messy solution, and I wouldn't be very confident in their reliability.

I'll just go through the available D-Link ones I think, and if nothing shows up use one of the replacement firmwares.

Cheers

Advertisement