Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timing Of This Is Good (for me)

Options
  • 17-01-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Delighted that this forum got up and running.

I met my Birth Mother for the first time four days ago. Every thing went extremely well. It was emotional. Tonight, we should be talking on the phone for the first time, and in the weeks/months ahead I hope to be meeting her four sons and three daughters.

Gonna be a fun ride.

Glad I have somewhere online to chat about it.

Anybody reading this in exactly the same position right now?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww congrats:)
    you are really lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 chroisa

YOU are so VERY LUCKY! Enjoy. I AM GENUINELY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH AND WISH U WELL.
    icon is just a selfish icon on my part - sorry.!
    I've dreamt for over 25 years of finding my daughter.
    However, her adoptive parents were constantly refusing to
    give any info. I begged through the agency for a photograph no matter how old - but no way would they consider it. the agency now say that she will not give a photo.
    I kept her for as many months as was humanly possible and gave everything I could but eventually I was HAULED into the Adoption Board - the full thing = this huge long board room table with an old man at the other end asking me what the hell was I doing to the child and to the couple waiting for her.. Eventually - only for the baby's sake I gave in and signed and handed her over. HUGE MISTAKE.
    I wonder sometimes if the agency are telling the truth - I have heard so many stories of people searching for their birthmother and finding brick walls. I dealt with an agency in dublin in 1970s.
    I've completed the preference contact register. theres no more to do.
    My other half would love if we could find her. But its like living in a maze.. the heartbreak goes on and on.
    nowhere to go.
    anyway, THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD SO SO MUCH
    its a relief toshare.
    chroisa

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

OP it gives me great heart to read your post,I am delighted for both of you. Heres hoping some day i will be posting something similar.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

Chroisa, I'm so sad to read your post. I can only imagine what it makes you feel. I'm surprised the adoptive parents have such influence. But I don't know much about these things.

I do wish you well, in the future. You never know. I was 36 before I made contact, so hold on in there. Ok?

Six months into my own story, and all is well. I've met all my brothers/sisters, aunts/uncles, and I'm starting (only starting) to adjust to having all these new people in my life.

Advertisement