Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 Day 6 on TV in Ireland

• 17-01-2007 1:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Has 24 Day 6 already started on TV in Ireland?

If not, when exactly does it start?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

not started on Irish TV

when exactly does it start? no one knows except for RTÉ
    Sky One on the other hand starts this Sunday at 9pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

They're likely to pay for it, just to ensure TV3 don't get it, and show it eight months from now at 2 a.m.. In other words: Try and find an alternate way to watch it.

yeah TV3. how long did it take them to finish off showing The Shield? if they never get any good tv shows again then i'll be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

dardoz wrote:
    Has 24 Day 6 already started on TV in Ireland?

If not, when exactly does it start?

They are useless. Last year Sky were halfway into Day 5 when RTE started showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They are useless. Last year Sky were halfway into Day 5 when RTE started showing it.

1 episode each week, they should have just done double episodes.

RTE will prob start it around June after the News on Monday nights, no particular time.

TV3 and RTE don't compete for the same shows, TV3 have a deal with Fireworks AFAIK so RTE don't ever get into a bidding war. It's call competition!!!!

It would be far better put on TG4.

I have start to download the show (fear of a ban :( ) but not going to mention how (fear of a ban). How I look at it. RTE are buying the show and are refusing to show it therefore since I pay my TV Licence and through that 24 is bought I am doing nothing illegal. :) It takes some of the guilt away. :)

• Advertisement

RTÉ today replied to an email i sent off weeks ago with the scheduling information for 24 Day 6

24 will return to the RTE Two schedule on Monday April 16th at 11.50pm
    reason for the late start is that RTÉ feel 24 is not competitive enough for prime time television

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

thats just............idcocity

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

thats just............idcocity

That's just RTE :D

By the time RTE start showing Day 6, will Shy One have already finished showing it?

Brilliant scheduling by RTE, by the way :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well,sky 1 have a deal with fox,they show every ep a week after the US
    so it wont be over till

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Mossy Monk wrote:
    RTÉ today replied to an email i sent off weeks ago with the scheduling information for 24 Day 6

24 will return to the RTE Two schedule on Monday April 16th at 11.50pm
    reason for the late start is that RTÉ feel 24 is not competitive enough for prime time television

11.50!!! FFS

• Advertisement

11.50!!! FFS

No you have it wrong. You just don't understand RTE's schedule ......

11:50 while R&P are still on the air
    11:30 if the news is on a bank holiday
    11:10 if the news and R&P aren't on the air
    12:30 if some awards show is on the air

The R in RTE stands for Random.

Oh! and don't expect double episodes. Oh! Well.

andrew.fitzpatrick@rte.ie head of scheduling email him. Poor Andrew, he never seems to know what time it is.

Finishes on the 24/09/07
    Day 7 starts Jan 07 madnesssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Did they ever think that the reason why it isn't competitive is because of their notoriously conservative scheduling? Why would anyone watch a show on RTE if they could have watched in months earlier on other channels? Maybe if they aggressively promoted it then it would indeed be competitive enough, but just leaving it on sideline is ridiculous!

what sort of ratings did it get in earlier seasons,when it was aired prime time?

Did they ever think that the reason why it isn't competitive is because of their notoriously conservative scheduling? Why would anyone watch a show on RTE if they could have watched in months earlier on other channels? Maybe if they aggressively promoted it then it would indeed be competitive enough, but just leaving it on sideline is ridiculous!

Sky showing shouldn't make much of a difference to RTE's first show of any show (since RTE 2 has 10% of the audience in comparision to Sky One's 2%. People will watch RTE due to less ads during shows. At least that is why I watch LOST on RTE over Sky (I know the gap isn't as big).
    what sort of ratings did it get in earlier seasons,when it was aired prime time?

150,000 - 200,000 viewers on Tuesdays at 9:30, CSI currently is doing a bit better at 9 on Tuesday nights. But this kind of rating is very good for RTE TWO not as good as LOST or DH but then RTE have aggressively promoted both shows, unlike 24.

I believe that 24 actually does well for RTE at 11:30 but don't know the ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Emmm...has no-one mentioned channel 6???

I don't think that C6 has the rights for Day 6, would be nice to see them show it a day or so after RTE TWO in Prime Time.

But as a cable service it would have little impact for C6 since those who can watch it on C6 can watch it on Sky One and ads do not make that much of a difference on C6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Emmm...has no-one mentioned channel 6???
    afaik they only have the rights to show the previous seasons. Perfect for those who have only just started watching 24.

afaik they only have the rights to show the previous seasons. Perfect for those who have only just started watching 24.

They should show double episodes, week by week is very slow moving for this show IMO.

Advertisement