Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL Silvercrest Sat Nav System

• 17-01-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hello, i was wondering if anyone else had bought this system and what they thought of it?

My father in law bought it and in helping him to set it up i found it was a bit difficult to find some locations in Dublin, and also there were some places that werent even on it, and im not talking about new estates, an example would be an estate right beside Blanch village which has been there about 30 years or more, it wasnt there...

Anyway, being a system that originates in Germany i figured that their map data wasnt up to scratch so i Emailed someone at mysatnav and he said that that indeed might be the case. He said to check if it was Tele Atlas mapping because their mapping of Ireland is not very comprehensive at present.

I havent has access to the system since i set it up a couple of weeks ago so i havent had a chance to check where the maps come from so i was wondering if anyone else here had done so or had any opinions on the system...

Id love to hear what people think. Apart from the maps thing the system is quite neat and nice to use, but i suspect that taking a chance and buying a Sat Nav system from LIDL as opposed to somewhere like Halfords etc... may not prove to be such a good idea afterall...

Here it is: http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=102

Head Nav

Advertisement