Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plasma tv help on models please..much appreciated

• 17-01-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Well my dad has now decided that he is going to be getting a 42inch plasma..now he had his eyes on getting a LG plasma as his friend has one and he liked the quality of it...but now just last night i showed him komplett.ie..which was the first time he has seen something like a pure online shop no bricks and mortar to go with it..and he then seen the panasonic range they have and was amazed at the price of them..as they are alot more expensive in shops..and said he'd always prefared panasonic but never really wanted to spend that much money on one..so now hes stuck between a choice of getting an LG or Panasonic tv..

now because of this hes going to write down the model numbers he seen on komplett of both lg and panasonic and try go out to all the big tv shops like currys,dixons,did electrical and try see what the tv qualtiy is like first hand before he would go ahead and buy it online..

but as far as i can see.. all of the plasma tvs on komplett are not seen anywere on any of the other sites like did electrical and currys,dixons (u.k sites)

like this is the lg he noticed..
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=319068

and this is the panasonic..
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=329498

now the lg for starters there are a few 42pc1's on the sites but none have the RR after the pc1 part of the model number that the one on komplett has...they all have endings like DA,DV,DB etc..

now im asking do any of yous know if the RR version of the LG would be better than these D"x" versions in shops..in terms of picture quality or even the exact same quality..?? (i do notice that the one on komplett has a built in HDD so thats why it might be called differently)

and as for the panasonic..the models on komplett all have 42"PV"'xxx where as on currys,dixons etc they all have "PX"xxx except for d.i.d which has only one panasonic 42incher and thats a pv but looks noting like the one in the picture on komplett which is probbaly because it might be pv but has a different model number after the pv part..

so my second question is..do any of yous know that the PV versions are the same as the PX versions or are one of them better than the other..

Thanks alot for whoever helps me out on this.. i know its a big post :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

dunno about lg and wouldnt rate them at all against panasonic. that tv on komplett isnt a current uk/irish model. the current ones are TH-42PV600(ireland/Th-42PX600(uk) or th-42pv60 (ire) or th-42px60 (uk). so i dunno where that th-42pv45 is from.. could be dodgy with the tuner... a general rule to go by is that a pvxx is irish and PXxxx is uk... except for the pv45.. never heard of that before...

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

lol..thanks for that moe..could of made a really bad decision if me dad went ahead and got the pv45..i think he was also eyeing up this panasonic for an extra 200 euro..

the 42pv60E
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=327631

so im guessing from the pv its irish and it being a "60E" its a current irish model..ye?

and there wont be any issues with the freeview tuner will there..because im not sure if its from germany or not?

hopefully we might see this in a shop the weekend and see whats its like for real..

thanks for the help moe :D

well a th-42pv60 is a current model, and because its PV instead of a PX then yes, that tv should work in ireland. thats the dodgy thing with tvs from german companies...

actually, i just read the technical waffle there and it doesnt list PAL-I as a supported format, thats what we need for ireland. so no, that wont work in ireland.

moe

lol..ah well.. :( could of made another big mistake there..i think i better just leave komplett alone then when it comes to tvs..better tell me dad that..id say he will probably go ahead now and buy a LG plasma now..

thanks for all the help m8..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

big_moe wrote:
    actually, i just read the technical waffle there and it doesnt list PAL-I as a supported format, thats what we need for ireland. so no, that wont work in ireland.
    moe

Did you look in at the additional information http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=329498&view=detailed ?

Tuner Qty 1 tuner(s)
    Multi-channel Preview Picture-and-text (PAT)
    Reception System PAL, SECAM, SECAM-D, SECAM-B, SECAM-K, PAL-B, SECAM-G, PAL-G, PAL-I, PAL-D, SECAM-L, PAL-K, PAL-H

That would indicate that it does work here. However, as long as you've got a DVD-Recorder, or a VHS recorder with an inbuilt Irish tuner, you'll be able to route the signal through that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Good Boy

That actually relates to the PV45 so be careful it's a blinking minefield out there.
    E-mail them first for the info and keep a record.
    The other thing is this is rip off Ireland, how come Germany, the UK and others are a hell of a lot cheaper than Ireland? for almost everything and usually by hundreds of Euros. :mad:

All the best

Goodboy

yeah it states pal and pal-i for the pv45 but not pv60E...and i dont think he will be getting the cheaper pv45 panasonic as its not a current series out anymore..the lg that i have listed in my first post states it has pal"NTSC, PAL, SECAM"..so that should work and operate properly in ireland just like if i had bought it in a bricks and mortar shop in ireland..shouldnt it??

yeah just on komplett, regardless of what tv, make sure it has PAL-I.

and yes u could route everything thru the dvd/video but its a pain in the arse... one which could be avoided if u just research before you buy.

so yeah.. pal-i...

"pal-i" and "pal" ?? because some only state "pal" noting else..like the lg :o

well at least i know if i do make the mistake there is a way around it..:rolleyes:

Advertisement