Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamelofts Brothers in Arms

• 17-01-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Gameloft always made good games for both the general java and symbian plaform but this one is exceptional....

Large levels with some destructible scenery, immersive sound effects, ambient noise of battle, enemies and allies screaming orders, planes flying overhead....and for a 3d game of such scope it runs pretty well, perfectly smooth on my 6680 although I don't know how it fares on older os6.1 devices.

Funniest thing is that this is both superior and much smoother then the abysmal Call of Duty FPS for the N-Gage.

With this we can probably expect similar 3D games in other franchises like Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia, both popular 2D series in Gameloft.

gdc-06-brothers-in-arms-3d-20060322111829788.gif

brothers-in-arms-3d-20060414103436412.gif

gdc-06-brothers-in-arms-3d-20060322111834897.gif

brothers-in-arms-3d-20060414103433709.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

That looks amazing, just a shame it won't run on my w810i!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

What phone do you need for that ? It looks more like something that would run on a PDA/phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It runs fine on my 6680 and I've tested it on the N70 too without any issues. It is compatiable with older S60 devices like 6630, 6600 also but I've no idea how well it does work at that - I'd say there fine though, Gameloft are usually pretty reliable.

eo980, it only runs on Symbian Devices. :)

You can get 3D games too for SE devices but they are only java and are never as good quality as apps designed specifically for the symbian platform...

Advertisement