Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan To sign Ronaldo?

• 17-01-2007 3:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Well according bassically the entire spansih and italian media!

Linkie

I know it seems like a bit of a mad signing by Milan but in my opinion it's genuis.

Milan have two things no other club have that means they can get any player back to full fittness.

Jean Pierre Messerman (Head doctor, regarded as the best sports physican in the world) and Milan Lab(If you don't know what it is, goodle it).

If they get him on loan with an agreement to sign him in july they can spend the next few months using him as back up, trying to get him fit and determining weather or not it's worth signing him fulltime.

If they do sign him fulltime, come september he will be 100% fit and hopefully in the right mind set.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

oh yeah, Milan signed Marco Storari as backup to Dida today aswell.

Apparently the ronaldo transfer won't cost Milan a penny, they will just be taking over his current contract with real, nice one!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=442213&CPID=21&clid=120&lid=&title=Milan+confirm+Ronaldo+bid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Yeah free transfer, ronaldo keeps his image rights worth about 8m a year, milan pay 4m wages.

They have also as mentioned signed Messina keeper Storari today as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan have offered the former Golden Ball winner a £4m per season contract, plus his entire image rights worth a lucrative £8m a year – which Ronaldo currently shares with Real.
    If they were shared 50/50 that means Real weren't paying Ronaldo a penny. Real would surely be looking for a fee so?

Milan can easily afford to pay him £4m a year. Great signing if it goes through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Hope this goes through, ive a feeling hes getting better again soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Milan badly need a finisher of Champions League calibre. Oliveira is frankly not good enough, Inzaghi is past his best and Gilardino is crap in Europe. Ronaldo is just what they need, even unift, he's better than what Milan already have. In regards to his fitness, he has actually improved this season on Capello's orders, it's definitely noticeable.

The only question about Ronaldois is his attitude. Capello is sick of him because he's frequently late for training, hitting the nightclubs constantly and is apparently a subversive influence on Robinho!

I reckon real have no option but to let him go for free, Calderon said last week that he wasn't wanted at the club and that the techincal staff don't have any faith in him, if thats the case ronaldo could argue that they have made his posistion at the club untenable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Two words for you

Christian Vieri

Ronaldo wont do well for Milan. Inter should sign him

If Adriano continues his short spell of form there's no real point in signing Ronaldo. Ibrahimovich has been excellent for them. Crespo will probably have to sit on the bench now for a while and then there's Recoba and Cruz. Don't be greedy kearnsr. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eirebhoy wrote:

Don't be greedy kearnsr. :D

Every little helps!

Ronaldo is my favorite player so I'd like to see him go back home.

He was meant to have been very close to going back in the summer and even meet the president.

But going to Milan would be a bad move in the same as it was for another Inter striker in recent histroy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Seaneh wrote:
    oh yeah, Milan signed Marco Storari as backup to Dida today aswell.
    Good job, Kalac was a right donkey. As for Ronaldo, I think he would still be a good signing for anyone. He's a great player and when he gets fit (it's only a matter of time), he would be a great addition to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I think Milan are one of the few clubs that could get ronaldo back to full fitness. Stick him in the Milan lab for a couple of days and sort him out. I hope this happens as we all know how good the man is when he is on form.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I wondered if Milan Lab would be mentioned in the first post. Wish I could have gotten odds at Paddypower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldo and Kaka at the same club would be heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ronaldo is a legend, would be a joy to see him back in Italy fully fit, remember him at Inter...what a joy to watch, so dangerous everytime he had the ball.

Does anyone else think Gilardino is a bit overrated, i asmit i have not seen too much but when i have seen him play he does not match some of the hype i have heard about him

Ronaldo is a legend, would be a joy to see him back in Italy fully fit, remember him at Inter...what a joy to watch, so dangerous everytime he had the ball.

Does anyone else think Gilardino is a bit overrated, i asmit i have not seen too much but when i have seen him play he does not match some of the hype i have heard about him

Alberto Giladrino is a class striker, he's just having a bad season, and he is still only 23 so it's to be expected.

Last season he started very very slowly and still finished the league with 17 goals, not too bad really.

Does anyone else think Gilardino is a bit overrated

In a team like Milan he is only average

That's harsh, but after all you are a bitter fan or our poorer cousins :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The pitch at San Siro will need fixing though!

For Rons weight? haha, probably!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^Its bullsh!t ignorant posts like this that really p!ss me off. I guarantee you that Ronaldo is at least 5 times as fit as you, and thats when he is supposedly 'overweight' like idiots such as you class him as. When you come back from 2 severe career-threatening injuries such as he as and have to totally redefine your game, id like to see your fitness. He was a speed demon who could outrun any player in the world, and had to re-establish himself redefine his game as a strengthy powerhouse because he would never regain the same pace and acceleration he had prior to the injuries. The ignorance of posts on here is beyond belief.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Settle down lad. He does look "over weight", certainly for a professional footballer. I've certainly seen amateurs with better physique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Rooney has a double chin, is he fat?

Ronaldo has a generally heavier build than a lot of others. He can carry it pretty damn well imo.

Football fans are getting worse than the fashion industry, if players dotn look like a smaller version of Peter Crouch they are fat and out of shape.

FFS someone in one of the Chelsea threads called Shevchenko fat the other day. :rolleyes:

Not a great pics, but fat? give me a break. http://images.google.ie/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=ronaldo+madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

http://www.thisisnot1966.com/images/fat_ronaldo.jpg

abit of the rooney about him me thinkssssss!!

I think the fact he aint a slim chicken and no longer a consistant world beater along with renowned trip to restaurants after training washed down with pitchers of fizzy drinks dont help

Wow, what a waste of a link.

Ronaldo is still better than 95% of Premiership Strikers.

Archimedes wrote:
    ^Its bullsh!t ignorant posts like this that really p!ss me off. I guarantee you that Ronaldo is at least 5 times as fit as you, and thats when he is supposedly 'overweight' like idiots such as you class him as. When you come back from 2 severe career-threatening injuries such as he as and have to totally redefine your game, id like to see your fitness. He was a speed demon who could outrun any player in the world, and had to re-establish himself redefine his game as a strengthy powerhouse because he would never regain the same pace and acceleration he had prior to the injuries. The ignorance of posts on here is beyond belief.

Oi. christopher Reevs, get off that high horse will ya?

I was joking, incase you haven't picked it up from my OP I'm actually hoping Ronaldo joins Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Archimedes wrote:

better at what exactly?

el rabitos wrote:
    better at what exactly?

Football.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    Football.

football is played in different styles in the countrys ronaldo's played so far wise-ass. he'd see less of the ball, have to work alot harder to make space etc

he'd have a hard time out scoring emile heskey imo (not a slight on heskey btw)

personally i think he's past it, unprofessional and i wouldnt want him anywhere near milan.

He's the best striker to ever play the game imo. 15 La Liga goals last season and he only started 23 games. At 30 he's definitely worth any club signing him if they can afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Three goals in five games at the last World Cup as well, certainly not past it at the highest level.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Three goals in five games at the last World Cup as well, certainly not past it at the highest level.

my memory is sketchy, but i recall him scratching his hole for 3 or 4 games on the oppositions box doing nothing and then scoring his 2 or 3 goals against some nobody team like japan or something and all of a sudden ronaldo's back!11!!one! statistics can be used to prove anything ffs, 80% of people know that.

he's not being shipped out of madrid for nothing, this is cappello we're talking about here, if anyone is aware of what it takes to win, its him. he clearly doesnt see it in ronaldo anymore

el rabitos wrote:
    statistics can be used to prove anything ffs, 80% of people know that.

Well lets have some of your stats to prove that Ronaldo is past it then...?
    he's not being shipped out of madrid for nothing, this is cappello we're talking about here, if anyone is aware of what it takes to win, its him. he clearly doesnt see it in ronaldo anymore

Well Ancelotti must see something in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Have to agree with you here MJS, I think Ronaldo is far from past it and with the right conditions will be a big hit in milan.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Well lets have some of your stats to prove that Ronaldo is past it then...?

i would have thought being dropped from the brazil squad and being told by real madrid he's not needed would be the only stats that matter right now. his performances in the world cup were terrible, he slugged about doing nothing. his performances for real have just been so lackluster its unreal, the talent is obviously there, but theres no impetus about him to fight for the ball. i just think he's the wrong signing for milan.
    MrJoeSoap wrote:

in fairness, milan took 30 million for shevy, taking a risk on ronaldo for free or €6 million; combined with milans dire need of a striker isnt a big risk in his eyes. either way, i'd value cappellos assesment more than ancelotti's.

i'm aware of what ronaldo has done in his career, and he's up there with the best, but in the past couple of years, ie this season and last year i think his performance level has been terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

el rabitos wrote:
    i would have thought being dropped from the brazil squad and being told by real madrid he's not needed would be the only stats that matter right now. his performances in the world cup were terrible, he slugged about doing nothing. his performances for real have just been so lackluster its unreal, the talent is obviously there, but theres no impetus about him to fight for the ball. i just think he's the wrong signing for milan..

While I accept that his performances haven't been amazing he definitely has a lot to offer. Milan are the club to get the best out of him. They have their renowned 'Milan Lab' that looks after and rehabiltates players. It did wonders for Pippo Inzaghi, saved his career in fact. It may be his last shot but if it comes off, and I think most people hope it does, then it'll be fantastic.

el rabitos wrote:
    i would have thought being dropped from the brazil squad and being told by real madrid he's not needed would be the only stats that matter right now. his performances in the world cup were terrible, he slugged about doing nothing. his performances for real have just been so lackluster its unreal, the talent is obviously there, but theres no impetus about him to fight for the ball. i just think he's the wrong signing for milan.

in fairness, milan took 30 million for shevy, taking a risk on ronaldo for free or €6 million; combined with milans dire need of a striker isnt a big risk in his eyes. either way, i'd value cappellos assesment more than ancelotti's.

i'm aware of what ronaldo has done in his career, and he's up there with the best, but in the past couple of years, ie this season and last year i think his performance level has been terrible.

He's scoring goals, which is what he's paid for, what more do you want?

Even half as good as he was 10 years ago is pretty damn good.

Stekelly wrote:
    He's scoring goals, which is what he's paid for, what more do you want?

commitment, drive, desire, effort - in no particular order

dont care what he does at real, other players at that club have been as lethargic as he has, but if he's going to be playing for milan he'll have to up his game considerbaly from what i've seen in the past 2 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

According to acmilan.com

1/25/2007 9:23:00 PM
    Ronaldo flew out of Madrid a little after 6pm CET and arrived in Milan at 8.15pm CET where he was met by club representatives Ariedo Braida, Adriano Galliani and Leonardo. After the greetings, the Brazilian star left for the San Siro stadium along with Galliani to watch the Italian Cup tie against Roma.

Ronaldo will have a medical at Milanello on Friday and Milan lawyer, Leandro Cantamessa had this to say: 'It all depends on the medical that Ronaldo will take at Milan Lab. Any problems with Real Madrid have been overcome and we arrived at the ok for the medical.' Galliani added: ''Ronaldo will remain a Real Madrid player tomorrow, he will have his medical at Milanello and I have fixed a meeting with Real Madrid for Monday.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Has any other player ever played for Barcelona , Real Madrid , Inter and Milan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I was watching Euronews this morning and he was there last night watching the Milan v Roma game. Unless it was clever camera tricks :p

ciaran76 wrote:
    I was watching Euronews this morning and he was there last night watching the Milan v Roma game. Unless it was clever camera tricks :p

Check two posts up... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Check two posts up... :o

:o

But I was just confirming what the acmilan website said ;);)

Got out of that one with my held head high :p:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

This could turn out to be a wonderful coup for the Rossoneri (which I hope and feel it could be) or it could turn out to be a disaster.

Imagine a fully fit 'Fenomeno' at the San Siro! :eek: *drools*

PS: Glad to see that Milan got Oddo and Storari. If I never see Kalac in the Milan goal again, it'll be too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

slightly off topic, but whats the story in relation to Frank Lampards contract? Apparently Milan are showing great interest in the player, and something got to do with the age he was at when he signed his contract allows him to buy it out himself, and will result in him just costing £8m? :confused:

I read this quickly off aertel page 225, and tbh I dont really get it. I think that eight million fee relates to his fee from West Ham to Chelsea (which was 8m) but besides that I dont understand the whole situation.

Its prob pure speculation regarding Milans interest, but they do need to pick up in terms of their squad. A young defender is needed there badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Regarding Lampard ...isn't it something to do with the fact he's entering the last 2 years of his contract and then it becomes unprotected.

So Milan or whoever can talk to him direct and need only pay Chelsea the remainder of the contract .... its all very confusing :confused:

A contract is unprotected if it is over 3 years long for U28's and 2 years for over 28's. That's why most teams don't give 4 or 5 year contracts anymore. Celtic give 3 years with 1 year option mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

if a player is over 28, has been at a club for 5 years, is coming into the last 2 years of his contract and has served 3, he can quit the club

he has to serve 14 days notice after the last game of the season and must leave within a month

he must payout the remainder of his wages, two years worth.

thats it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

so basically Milan pay out his contract for him...and Chelsea just receive that amount and no transfer fee. Correct?

• Advertisement
Advertisement