Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Song of Ice and Fire - 7 Season Series Being Touted!

Options
  • 17-01-2007 3:16pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here's an interesting one from empireonline: a full series version of George R.R. Martin's epic "A Song of Ice and Fire".

Now currently it's only in the option stage, so it's far from concrete but it'd be an interesting one to tackle. Martin's right in that the books are too complex to be told as a movie each, so a season would work better. Who to cast for Tyrion then...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

"The plan is that, by the time the series of seven books is finished in 2011 "

Dammit!!! No fair! I want them NOW!!!! :(

Here's hoping this comes through. I cant see why not (apart from budget) and HBO air some good stuff (Rome for example).

While he's most likely right about the films I cant help but feel that the Martin quote makes him sound a little up himself and smug. Not the inpression I have gotten from other interviews or his short stories collection - well, maybe a little in places.

Brace for endless discussions on casting. I just hope they get a proper vertically challenged individual for Tyrion and dont do a "dungeons and dragons" attempt or even a LoTR techie thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Same guys who did Rome?

*dangerously excited*

Since I read it I always thought it could make a great tv series. Nearly every chapter ends on a cliffhanger revelation of some sort, it just feels "serialised" already. It wouldn't be heavy on special effects, either, thanks to magic almost not existing (well, til the end of book 1 anyway) so the money could go to making the series good instead of just flashy.

I'm really looking forward to this. Now all we need is someone to attempt Steven Erikson's Malazan series. :)

Advertisement