Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Fi case connectivity question

Options
  • 17-01-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I have some sound issues (stuttering in BF games) and am thinking of getting a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer.

I see in the specs you can connect a console but can you connect the headphone/mic ports on the front of your case to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Info from Creative suggests you can connect front panel headers and gives the pin out diagram HERE

Its a little vague though :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Short answer no

Long answer yes

Creative have a special cable which connects the X-Fi to the front panel audio ports which they only distribute to certain system builders, acquiring the cable can be tricky but there are guides on how you can build your own.

Here is one of those guides which I picked up somewhere else I cannot recall.

{maybe things have changed & the cable is easier to get I have not really been on the look out for them}

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I recently purchased a X-fi from PCworld and used it in my dell 8400..The card has the connector but not the cable..luckily enough the 8400 has the cable and it does fit into the card and front panel.
    If you know anyone with a dell pc (dimension) and not using it try asking them for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Cheers for that.
    My P160 has individual connectors on each wire. Should be do-able.
    Now looking for cheapest place to get 1

Advertisement