Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with CS2

Options
  • 17-01-2007 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

I bought a new laptop the other day. 2GHz dual core, 2Gig ram, and 512 Mb nvidia card. Anyway, I thought I'd try out Photoshop CS2, I have CS1 on my old machine. I've had a few problems though. It is drastically slow!! which I've traced back to having too many fonts installed (4,500). Redraw problems ie. if I'm using PS and go to another window like internet explorer or something and then back to photoshop, all the control boxes are blank for a few seconds. I don't necessarily have to go to an other window - sometimes they just go blank for a few seconds on their own. Also, when I open a file with text it always warns "text needs to be updated for vector output" even though I just created the file on CS2 and if I click update it changes the fonts!! weird. BTW I updated all the patches and Adobe seem to know about the issues. I've followed instructions on curing these problems on their site but the redraw one is still there and really annoying.

Anyone else find "issues" with CS2??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

that amount of fonts is crazy, why dont you use a font management program ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

heggie wrote:
    that amount of fonts is crazy, why dont you use a font management program ?

I know that now. I just installed a pack, didn't realise it would screw up PS. I've uninstalled them and have a managment programme now. Its made PS much more stable but I'm still having redraw problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Don't mean to hijack, but could you recommend a good (free) font management program? I've been looking for one.

for the pc i dont know any good ones (including commercial). I'm using suitcase on the pc (which isnt great) and the free linotype font explorer on osx which is far superior. They might release a windows version someday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Goodshape wrote:
    Don't mean to hijack, but could you recommend a good (free) font management program? I've been looking for one.

This ones old but it seems to do the trick....and it's free!!

• Advertisement

lack of postscript is a prob tho

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

Linotype Font Explorer is by far the best one out there. And id recommend keeping your activated fonts around 500 really, you don't need that many active at once. If you need to choose a font, go into font explorer search down through what you want see what you like put them into a folder and activate them, that means as soon as the project has finished you can deactivate those fonts, but if you ever need to edit that project later on you cna activate all the necessary fonts in one go.

hope that helps.

font explorer is mac only

Advertisement