Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair flight cancelled, refund for connecting flight?

Options
  • 17-01-2007 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I was supposed to be on the Ryanair flight today from Cork to Gatwick but it was cancelled. I had a connecting flight form Gatwick to Geneva with Easyjet, any chance I'd be able to be refunded for this flight by Ryanair? I already got my refund for the flight to Gatwick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Only if you buy both flights as a pair would you get a refund (or maybe reschedualed), as far as I know.

If you booked both independantly then tough I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Passenger delays

In the case of passenger delay, the air carrier is liable for damage unless it took all reasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible to take such measures. The liability for passenger delay is limited to 4,150 SDRs (approximately £3,500/€5,200).

That was from the Ryanair terms and conditions. Give them a call and check though to see if you're eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

isn't it covered by your travel insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Recon wrote:
    I was supposed to be on the Ryanair flight today from Cork to Gatwick but it was cancelled. I had a connecting flight form Gatwick to Geneva with Easyjet, any chance I'd be able to be refunded for this flight by Ryanair? I already got my refund for the flight to Gatwick.

This is Ryanair you're talking about. It's a "point to point" airline. They take you from point A to point B (when they do, in your case). That's it. They have and will take no responsibility for anything else. So I'm sorry to say that IMHO unless you have travel insurance that covers the missing of the Easyjet flight, you're on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

But the new EU regulations, don't they say you're covered for any damages caused by their screwing up? Just have to kick up a big fuss if they say no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Let the letter writing and bitching campaign begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

You wont be covered for the 2nd leg of your flight, Ryanair will only cover what the contract with you and them is .
    The fact that you had another flight to catch is not their proble, they only had a contract to get you from Cork to Gatwick
    They wont entertain you in the slightest if you try and claim for the second leg of your journey
    I know they aint the most customer friendly company but that you had a connecting flight with another airline is not their problem.
    Travel insurance is your only hope

Advertisement