Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission for school and houses behind Charlesland

Options
  • 17-01-2007 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Anyone know if it is out yet? Have checked on wicklow co co website but no info..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Just heard from a neighbour that a deal has been done on the school -another poster was on about a letter circulating from St Brigids that junior infants starting from St Brigids in Charlesland in September .
    Well wait for the news first broken here ---the school will be built and recieving these infants on Sept 1st. Dept of Ed and science have signed off on a deal that will see St. Brigids move to Charlesland and some of the proceeds of the sale of the old school go towards the purchase and building of the new right behind the grove.
    I must say I expressed scepticism to him about the speed of construction however he explained that it is a design similar to the community school in Kilcoole 1\4 the size of it and can be built in time.The planning apparently can be fasttracked and bypassed as it is a vital piece of infrastructure and standard school design and the zoning is already in place for it since decembers W.C.C. meeting .
    So there it is all you sceptics who were complaining about the whole rezoning earlier .Word has it Dept Justice are in the midst of closing the deal on the Garda station too. A lot of new development going to happen in the La Touche /Garda Station/ St Brigids area of Greystones by the sound of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

daveco23 wrote:
    Anyone know if it is out yet? Have checked on wicklow co co website but no info..
    the tender will be on the D.E.S. website soon apparently its got priority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ash760

Can anyone tell me where exactly the school is planned for. I understand that it is to be right beside the existing creche and behind the charlesland grove houses. Is this right??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

interesting planning application here which ties in with what I've previously heard:
    http://tinyurl.com/2t3h5g

the nuns are moving out of the convent and into an expanded Silverstream (the house beside St. Davids). This clears the way for the whole St Brigids site to be sold.

However last weeks Bray people suggested they may not have classes in Charlesland by this Sept. as it would involve having kids in portakabins and they're keen to avoid this if they can - its a fallback plan if the existing school is overloaded and they can't get anywhere else in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

I saw an article in the Bray People this week where that state have said that there are no plans to build a new Garda station in Greystones. Apparently a junior minister was contacted by a councillor and that was the official response.

With the objections from the parents of St Bridgits, one wonders if that will go ahead either? At least the developers can say they offered before they plough through with all the new houses etc later in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

I saw an article in the Bray People this week where that state have said that there are no plans to build a new Garda station in Greystones. Apparently a junior minister was contacted by a councillor and that was the official response.

With the objections from the parents of St Bridgits, one wonders if that will go ahead either? At least the developers can say they offered before they plough through with all the new houses etc later in the year.

Interesting, no Garda station and no "new" school ( i.e. an existing school is being "moved" to Charlesland and as a prefabricated structure!) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

From Independent Dec 5th.

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1736069&issue_id=14967

All-clear for huge seaside build plan

ADVERTISEMENT

PROPERTY developer Sean Dunne has been given the go-ahead to build a new shopping centre and 210 large homes in Greystones.

In a deal struck last night, Wicklow county councillors agreed to allow construction of a shopping centre and new homes at Charlesland in return for a site for a primary school and community facilities.

Last weekend, Mr Dunne joined senior management of Wicklow County Council in a seminar promoting the 'Garden County' as a place to live and work. He developed the Charlesland estate of 1,500 homes on the outskirts of Greystones with fellow developer Sean Mulryan. The deal will see Mr Mulryan and Mr Dunne being given permission to build the shopping centre and houses, but in return they will have to provide a five-acre site - to be purchased at market value - to build a primary school. The developers will also build an 8,000 square metre enterprise centre, of which 2,800 square metres will be given to the community to facilitate start-up businesses.

A site for a new Garda station will also be provided, along with a site for a recycling centre. It is understood that last week Mr Dunne gave a €3m donation to help finance a community centre for the town.

Paul Melia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Yes I remember reading that and other articles a few months back. However, I don't think Mr Dunne is running the country yet :)

I guess we just have to wait and see what kind of plans are drawn up.

Advertisement