Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which mobo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Plonk. Would you consider gigabytes? i have an DS3 and a S3 and they run pretty much ok. They don't suffer vdroop as much as the Asus's do, but can be a little tricky once you go above 430/450. And they're kinda cheap too... specially the S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

the MSI is allegedly a poor overclocker according to reviews. (good board otherwise seemingly)

So I doubt it;s for you if you are intending to oc :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

If you are going for a core 2 duo and want to overclock go for the Asus p5n-e
    or wait for other nforce 650 boards.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-221-AS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Lads im still not any closer to deciding

The gigabyte seems to be good and is the cheapest but the msi has gotten good reviews and has a newer ich8r architecture

I dont know

help

Edit: I will probably be buying the e4300 or the 6320 when it comes out and will want to over clock them

Ok going buying either the msi ot the gigabyte in about 15 minutes so any last input im still not sure but im swaying towards the msi

• Advertisement

Went with the gigabyte ds3 118euro and a zalman 9700 fan from dabs

Advertisement