Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colourblindness in the RDA

• 17-01-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Anybody know what the situation is with colourblindness in the RDA. If you're colourblind will it prohibit you from joining

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

What is the RDA? ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 DarkMuse

I take it you mean the RDF,

In that case I'm not certain but I think it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are different types of colourblindness. Some are OK, others not.

RDF = Reserve Defence Force
    RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Did you not ask this already in another thread in this forum? I have already answered that one. Yes, colour blindness will preclude you from joining the RDF. None are OK, contrary to the last post.

You must pass the Ishihara test.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 btowner

Yes ok i should have said rdf ha ha ha very funny. Are you sure about the fact that you must have normal colourvision cause it says that about the gardai too but you are still allowed become a gard but you mightn't be able to do certain things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

He's sure, the Ishihara test is pass/fail - if you can't pass it you can't get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

What he said.

Also, you mentioned in your other post that you are red/green colourblind. Other Armies, that do allow colourblindness, for example, our British neighbours specifically state that you must be red/green safe, i.e. not red/green colourblind. Sorry mate.

Advertisement