Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Guideplus? Tips on setting up with NTL Digital & Pioneer DVR 540?

• 17-01-2007 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi all.

Trying to set up Guideplus with my Pioneer DVR 540 and NTL Digital Box. Have read plenty of tips on how to set it up with Sky but hoping someone with NTL can give me a few tips.

Where am I going wrong with these settings?

Language: English
    Postal Code: BT7 1NN
    External Receiver 1: NTL Bromley

- Brand name of external receiver: Pace

- To which recorder socket is your external receiver connected?

Is it AV2/L1, L2 or Antenna RF Lead???? I'm clueless! I thought I had it set up on Antenna RF Lead but whichever setting I choose it doesn't work.

For External Receiver 2 do I enter Sky Digital?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 XYZ123ABC

Okay, finally got sorted, but thanks for the flood of replies :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 theslick

What did you have to do?

theslick wrote:
    What did you have to do?

The settings above are correct, I just needed to allow the DVR time to download the schedule.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah. Glad you got it to work. Thread may be useful for others with Guideplus boxes in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 theslick

Great - looks like it is usable with ntl digital in ireland then.

I have been reading the manual and have a couple of questions :-

Do you have to use the G-LINK cable?
    Did you need to leave the ntl pace receiver switched on and tuned to ITV overnight while the pioneer was in standby?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

theslick wrote:
    Do you have to use the G-LINK cable?

Not sure if you have to use it but I do and everything works great so I'll stick with it.
    theslick wrote:
    Did you need to leave the ntl pace receiver switched on and tuned to ITV overnight while the pioneer was in standby?

Again, not sure what has to be done here but I leave my NTL receiver on all the time.

No, it doesn't need to be tuned in to ITV to update Guideplus, no matter what channel it's on it works.

Advertisement