Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed Philips 32 inch LCD problem

Options
  • 17-01-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a 32 inch Philips LCD TV. Lately EXT1 has been staying on the screen and not disappering after a few seconds like it usually does. To explain: EXT1 indiactes that I'm using the NTL box it's an AV control on the pHilips remote.

I've tried a few things to get rid of it but nothing seems to work.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Eamon

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I've deleted your duplicate threads................

If you check the manual for the TV, I suspect that there's a setting in one of the menus which enables the display of the chosen input - in your case EXT1 - it's probably selected accidentally....

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

The Ritz wrote:
    I've deleted your duplicate threads................

If you check the manual for the TV, I suspect that there's a setting in one of the menus which enables the display of the chosen input - in your case EXT1 - it's probably selected accidentally....

Ritz.

Thanks for deleting the duplicate threads, tried it myslf but I couldn't. I have looked at the manual but haven't found anything on it. Very puzzling indeed!

It usually disappears after a few seconds but for the past few days it hasn't. Will try again and get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Try just pressing the menu button on and off again, I get this now and again and selecting the menu button gets rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Long press the button on the left of the bottom 3 buttons on the remote.

Advertisement