Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT - Upload speeds

Options
  • 17-01-2007 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Hey just have a question for the wise owls out there.

I am running this model and i need to upload lots of charts.

But i am really annoyed, i have 3meg BT broadband but my upload rate at max is only reaching 28kb/s . What can i do to increase this rate, it's really annoying when charts that take circa 1 hr to create take about 2 hours to upload! It is especially annoying as i would of thought my broadband was capable of getting much higher upload rates.

Regards ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

on 1mb bt bb here, i get 14kb/s upload.. :yay:*

*not

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you have 384k upload which equates to theorethical max of 48Kb/sec. you can never expect to get 100% upload speed as there are overheads to take into consideration but 75% is normally a good figure to look at which is 36Kb/sec.

then you also have to take into consideration your line quality, distance from the exchange, your contention ratio (how many people you're sharing the broadband line with) and other things.

since you are still geting 50%+ of what you've signed up for there's nothing eircom/bt/smart/etc. will do for you.

Advertisement