Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup replay thread

• 17-01-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Missed last night...

Latest scores:

Fulham 3-3 Leicester
    Newcastle 0-2 Birmingham
    Tottenham 3-0 Cardiff

Fulham equaliser scored by Montella. Newcastle very poor in the 1st half, Spurs sound very good on d'wireless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

a cracking game happening at fulham,newcastle are truly awful

edit 2-1,the toon get a goal back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Milner goal for Toon.

1-2.

Taylor off for Toon.

bloody hell,its all happening at st james,taylor sent off

edit yet again 3-1

3-1 Brum from the free!

Best Fans In The Worldtm booing, who they booing though? ref or their players?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

3-1 Brum from the free!

Best Fans In The Worldtm booing, who they booing though? ref or their players?
    The players. Where did this best fans in the world thing originate from, the media?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

To be a Toon supporter...... :(

kinaldo wrote:
    Where did this best fans in the world thing originate from, the media?

Yes.

ffs why is boards so fupping slow tonight? Is there some big world event going on causing everyone to log on that I'm not aware of? Way to ruin my good mood.

:(

4-0 Spurs, Defoe goal.

• Advertisement

only 26.000 at the newcastle game,a bit of a poor show tbh

4-3 to fulham now

4-1 to birmingham aswell

Yes.
    Funny that given how London biased they usually are.

5-1 Brum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

5-1 at St James'

taxi for the whole newcastle team please

At 3-1 the anger subsided and it just became funny. I'd hate to be Roeder right now, can't wait to hear what he comes out with after that pathetic all round display. Another performance like that against West Ham this week and I won't be so forgiving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Desperate from the Magpies but to give the team a break they are down to the bare bones and the league really is what matters given the injury list they sport. Brum looked pretty good or was it just the opposition?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

What I don't understand is every football fan could tell Newcastle desperatly needed defenders in the summer but none were signed. Their defence for the first goal was an absolute shambles. Not one of them is capable of leading the line and organising and that's the most important thing in a defence.

btw - The Newcastle players, and Martins in particular were a disgrace tonight ignoring O'Brien. It doesn't matter how poor a player he is that was a terrible thing to do to a young guy. It seemed the only players trying to pass to him were his mates that came through the ranks with him (Carroll and one of the defenders).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Shocking stuff from Newcastle.....Never threatened. Birmingham were impressive though

eirebhoy wrote:
    btw - The Newcastle players, and Martins in particular were a disgrace tonight ignoring O'Brien. It doesn't matter how poor a player he is that was a terrible thing to do to a young guy. It seemed the only players trying to pass to him were his mates that came through the ranks with him (Carroll and one of the defenders).
    I missed it probably cos I was distracted here. Anyway I hate having a go at the young players but I said on a Newcastle site earlier that playing Pattison on the left is like playing 10 men. Maybe I'm mistaken but he doesn't look like a footballer at all to me. It's not his fault he's just not up to the standard I just want to know what exactly Roeder sees in him that he persists in playing the guy, out of position as well. With Taylor getting sent off we were effectively playing with 9 men. O' Brian from what I hear is all pace no footballing ability. It must be weird for guys like Martins and Dyer playing in a Premiership team alongside these no-hopers.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    Not one of them is capable of leading the line and organising and that's the most important thing in a defence.
    Taylor is or will be but he's only 20 and has been playing out of his skin for the last two months. McClaren has been to see him almost every game and an England call up soon is inevitable. I have no doubt that Taylor would be absolutely awesome alongside someone like Woodgate, King, Terry or Ferdinand.

Only 27,641 at White Heart Lane the other night

Shocking, regardless of the opposition

(and it wasn't even being shown on national television)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kinaldo wrote:

kinaldo wrote:

*yawn*

Capacity @ WHL 36,214
    Attendance 27,641
    % bums on seats 76.33%
    Ticket prices £27-£42 (OAP and child concessions @ £14-£16)

On police advice, Spurs kept three blocks of seats in the Park Lane stand empty for segregation purposes from Cardiff, which would have brought capacity down to under 35k.

You were what, 50% full? Its not as if you have loads of cup games to look forward to..

*yawn*

Capacity @ WHL 36,214
    Attendance 27,641
    % bums on seats 76.33%
    Ticket prices £27-£42 (OAP and child concessions @ £14-£16)

On police advice, Spurs kept three blocks of seats in the Park Lane stand empty for segregation purposes from Cardiff, which would have brought capacity down to under 35k.

You were what, 50% full? Its not as if you have loads of cup games to look forward to..
    You're practically critisising the Newcastle fans for having a bigger stadium than you lot, as well as voting with their feet. Ludicrous imo. Fact is, you only had an extra 1600 or so fans turn out for a 3rd round cup game against Championship opposition, same as us. Had our game not been on national television the attendance at St. James' would have certainly been greater. Personally I'm happy to see only 26,000 people get ripped off that night, instead of a potential 52,000. I only take issue with people in glass houses throwing stones, so I smashed my own house to make the point.

P.S.

We may not have many more to look forward to but Newcastle have played more cup games this season than any other Premiership side, and the fans have dug deep.

kinaldo wrote:
    You're practically critisising the Newcastle fans for having a bigger stadium than you lot, as well as voting with their feet. Ludicrous imo.

Perfectly reasonable imo. You have a bigger stadium because you have more demand for tickets. You've an average of what, 48k at your league games? You probably have more ST holders than the crowd on Wednesday night.

I see you'd close to full houses for the ManYoo draw and the win over us, does your crowd support Newcastle or the visiting sides?

Perfectly reasonable imo. You have a bigger stadium because you have more demand for tickets.
    Really? Aren't Spurs looking to build a new stadium, or is that for location purposes only?

The demand for tickets has clearly gone down though, unsurprisingly given the way the club has been run since Sir Bobby was sacked, and even prior to that.
    I see you'd close to full houses for the ManYoo draw and the win over us, does your crowd support Newcastle or the visiting sides?
    No different to any other club really, people are starting to pick and choose their games and there's an element of the prawn eating sandwich brigade there too.

Is there a special reason why approximately 8,000 Spurs fans decided to stay home on Wednesday night? Or are they too sh1t fans?

kinaldo wrote:

Is there a special reason why approximately 8,000 Spurs fans decided to stay home on Wednesday night? Or are they too sh1t fans?

As one of the 8,000 I can certainly speak for myself. I wasn't there because I couldn't get two days off work at short notice. In addition, I've already committed to our home leg of the Carling semis and had hoped to be at the away leg, so two sets of flights (+ the unused return flight I ended up saddled with as a result of the 2nd leg happening on the 31st rather than the 30th as originally annunced due to televised FA Cup committments) plus two nights hotel, on top of Xmas/car insurance/house insurance/house management fees/new lock on front door/new tyre for car/towing fee to garage/garage fee for checking why my car wouldn't start, and assorted sundries have let me with not a pot to piss in.

Many will have avoided the game due to its proximity to the Carling Cup semis (home tie priced at between £39-£71) and an away trip to Feyenoord.

Many will have avoided the game due to the high probablity of crowd trouble, particularly those who travel with kids. The last time Cardiff visited N17 they wrecked the High Road (though it was hard to tell the difference :p ) Read my thread after the game in Cardiff for a few pointers.

And many will have just decided it wasn't a big enough game to bother with. They're the sh1t fans.

Still a good turnout. IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

18,000 was the attendance at 2 of Celtic's home cup matches this season. One of the matches wasn't televised and was at 3.00 on a Saturday. Ticket prices were £15. That's a disgrace, I wouldn't worry about Spurs'.

Also, Celtic v St.Mirren was free for those with a season ticket and only got 32,000.

• Advertisement
Advertisement