Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DeMisting

Options
  • 17-01-2007 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have an older car and it tages ages to demist but the drive to work is only 10-15 mins so wipe the glass instead (I know I know bad idea but I was running late). The problem is now the inside of the glass is really bad, whats the best way to clean it so that its not all streaky when demisted. Someone suggested plain old Windowlene - any suggestions?

PDD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Give the glass a good clean - Windowlene will do. Condensation clears easier from clean glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Windowlene and newspaper...sounds weird but has always worked a treat for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

newspaper is great for normal windows so should bdo the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You know if BoardTracker was any good there would be about 5 related threads listed at the bottom of this page!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Is the pollen filter blocked?

Most back street mechanics don't replace this. If the fan blows strong when recirculating the air this is the problem.

I'm all for windowlene to clean the glass though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement