Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XFX good or bad

Options
  • 17-01-2007 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear anything on them are they good or bad. Getting an 8800GTS, to be honest i'd rather EVGA or BFG but komplett are doing a deal this week on a XFX card and also don't do EVGA or BFG. Atis release of dx10 in march earliest has pushed me to the nvidia way.

Oops its a POV one. are they good or bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

All high end NVIDIA cards come from the same manufacturer (Foxconn) there is no difference between them other than the box they come in & the extras.

So it does not matter what 8800 you buy they all came from the same factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Customer supportwise what are they like. Got gainward 2 cards back and it died after a few months but it was a nightmare returning it and getting back.

Well XFX are UK based so I haven't really heard anything too bad about them in that regard of course no RMA service is perfect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I prefer to go through the Rma process of the e-tailer I used. They may be slow, but direct can be much slower.

The whole gainward thing was through overclockers and it took 3 months from card being sent to replacement card. I went with EVGA in the end, last card was them and it has a 10 year warantee. The xtra fews bucks is worth piece of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Seemingly OCUK won't stock XFX because their customer support is so poor (I think EVGA, XFX and BFG are the only ones to give lifetime warranties). Perhaps someone who has had to return a card to XFX can share their experiences?

Problem is you can get bad experiences with anyone I have heard horror stories from the US with eVGA and have had run in's with Leadtek trying to replace stuff.

OcUK handle BFG warranties so if you have had bad luck with OcUK then you will want to stay away from them etc.

You can find fault with just about every supplier.

Well aware of oc'ers, went with dabs in th end.

Advertisement