Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Johnny Cash 'Gospel' Album In March

Options
  • 17-01-2007 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Can't Wait 'Personal File' was a great collection of songs

Johnny Cash's gospel recordings assembled on one album
    'Cash: Ultimate Gospel' is due out in March
    An extensive collection of Johnny Cash's gospel recordings is to be released in the spring.

'Cash: Ultimate Gospel' will be released in the US on March 6.

According to a Legacy spokesperson, it will be "the most in-depth collection of Cash's gospel recordings ever assembled".

The country crooner frequently performed gospel songs at his shows, including the famous concerts at Folsom Prison and San Quentin, and he allegedly left his original label, Sun Records, when they wouldn't allow him to perform gospel material.

Tracks on the new collection include traditional gospel songs such as 'He Turned The Water Into Wine' and '(There'll Be) Peace in The Valley (For Me)' , as well as Cash originals 'The Preacher Said "Jesus Said"', and the hit written by Carl Perkins, 'Daddy Sang Bass'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Anyone know what album i can get a collaboration between Johnny Cash and John Frusciante ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

On the Unearthed box set. On JC's cover of Neil Young's "Heart of Gold". If I remember correctly it's got Flea and whatever the drummer from that RHCP crowd is called. Normally I detest anything they do but it's a nice cover. Tasteful but slightly inappropriate solo by Frusciante.

Advertisement