Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry O2 APN

• 18-01-2007 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hiya

Just quick question: have been trying to setup msn and some other bits on my BB. Read a load of threads about it and ended up downloading eMSN just to try it out. I rang o2 to activate the correct APN and changed the TCP settings. I still cant log in to eMSN, I get a 'connection error: write'

Any thoughts? As far as I can tell the setup is correct. Have tried other trial apps too with no joy.

I want to avoid using jabber if possible, even though I have gtalk up and running on the BB.

Sorry if this is an old question, but cant search past the last few pages, as ya know!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

TCP settings

APN: open.internet
    username: gprs
    password: gprs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I had been using the 02 settings, wap.dol.ie with usr gprs and pswd gprs

Tried your setting whisht but still no go. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Strange. Those should work
    Log into your web client at www.o2mail.ie and send service books again and see if that helps

As a matter of interest, what version did you download?
    http://www.funrungames.com/download/IMHere_c.zip
    This is the one for Blackberry

That was the version I installed.

ITS FIXED now though. Very odd... When I rang o2 to activate the APN they said it would work after I powered off my handset, and powered it back on, which I did.

I reinstalled the app just there again and resent the service book, and decided to use a tip I read in a BB forum about taking out the battery and putting in back in again - I did that... and now it works!!

YAY, thanks whisht, appreciate the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Switching off the BBRY does not do anything, in order to do a soft reset you a need to disconnect the battery, This goes for reinstalling any apps or refeshing the service books, don't for get to delete the old service books first causes less confusion.:)

*solved question*

Advertisement