Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocking my 6630

• 18-01-2007 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I got a Nokia 6630 about 18 months ago on Speakeasy with o2. I've just recently moved to billpay with Meteor and I'd like to get the phone unlocked. Now I see where if you've spent x amount with the network you can get it unlocked. My question is, can I still do that even though I don't use their network anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Unlocking questions should be here- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061

But with the Nokia 6630 it's a matter of ringing the network. Speakeasy customer care is 1747 from your handset.

Did O2 actually sell the Nokia 6630? I didn't think they'd realised it .. thought it was just Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh fair enough Ciaran. Indeed they did, I participated in their 3G test and got to keep the phone, which was rather nifty. I don't use o2 anymore, so can I still request an unlock from them?

3G trial - that explains it :)

As for not being with them anymore .. shouldn't be an issue. Ring 1909 from a landline, dial 8# to get to an agent without typing your number.

They'll still have your old account on file. Tell them you've moved to Meteor. There shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭patrickc

http://unlock.nokiafree.org/ unlock it there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks guys, I'll give both of these a try tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Much appreciate the information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

No you won't, 6630 can only be unlocked by network provider :cool:

Mad Dog wrote:
    No you won't, 6630 can only be unlocked by network provider :cool:
    As Mad Dog says, this won't work. All this will do is use up your 3 trys that you have to put in the correct code. Ring O2.

Advertisement