Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argosy 320GB Divx Harddrive - €182.45 delivered

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

well impressed with the unit...its played everything I've thrown at it so far, except for the very high quality avi's. My only real gripe with it is, its damn loud...seems to be a combination of the fan and vibration noise....anyone else have this issue??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

This site has them even cheaper but do you have to have a corp account?

http://www.pixmania-pro.com/+MEMUP+External/ieukk1_1_0_0_0.html?txtSearch1=+MEMUP+External&catid=&x=18&y=5

Wholesale only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Still hasn't arrived yet.. ringing Interlink at lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

My 80Gb hard drive form IBOOD arrived only two days ago. I contacted them about delivery and they told me that TNT were shipping it and gave me a tracking number which wasn't a TNT tracking number. I rang a couple of places and to no avail. The packagew was finally sent by Interlink and arrived in bad condition. The contents were fine but the postage bag looked like it had being thrown around. I would say the package went from company to company. Still i would buy from them again. Check out the Trekstor 500GB they are selling for 182.45 I have posted a thread in this forum about it.

• Advertisement

Well, i called Interlink at lunch. Was on hold for 10 minutes but the receptionist warned me of a wait. Got through and told the woman the full story.. she rang the depot and found out.. wait for it:

"It was due to go out to you today but it's the driver last day.. and ummmmmmm, he's not feeling too well!"

No word of a lie.. pretty much the exact excuse she gave - word-for-word. She said she's gonna have someone else pick up the parcel and it'll be with me in the next few hours.

It had feckin' better!

Hilariously bad excuse.. but i'd expect nothing less from them!

PS - planning on writing iBOOD an e-mail with why they should change delivery couriers. Might fall on deaf ears but worth a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

basquille wrote:
    PS - planning on writing iBOOD an e-mail with why they should change delivery couriers.
    Or maybe change your delivery address to somewhere you will actually be when it arrives.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

My experience with iBood has been similar, _very_ delayed delivery but did get the thing in the end. The Creative Zen Visions I ordered on 11 December only arrived 4 January (shipped 29 December.)

A cutlery set was somewhat quicker.

Can't argue with the prices though.

Well.. my Argosys arrived about 5 minutes ago.

Similar to alan4cult, the postage bag looked a bit worse for wear. Box looks a bit battered on the corners too but can be somewhat expected from going from Netherlands -> England -> Ireland.

But contents were luckily packed quite securely - can't test it at work but will test it when i get home.

Lovely little thing.. a lot smaller than i expected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

argh

this stopped working tonight
    i can connect it to my pc fine, but when connected to tv and i try to turn it on, the drive just spins for a few seconds and it turns itself off

anyone had experience of sending things back to ibood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

cosgrove80 wrote:
    This one looks pretty good. It has DVI, Ethernet port and can play from USB devices

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/524261/art/dvico/tvix-hd-m-4000p-usb-2-0-m.html

strangely the 500GB version is cheaper than the 250GB version

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/524010/art/dvico/mediaplayer-hard-drive-tv.html

Did anyone order the Dvico 500GB from Pixmania. They have now changed the Specifications and it states that it doesn't include the harddrive. They defo changed the specification without notifing the customers who have been waiting for these.

Surely they have to honour what the description said at the time of ordering.

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

irelandjoe wrote:
    Did anyone order the Dvico 500GB from Pixmania. They have now changed the Specifications and it states that it doesn't include the harddrive. They defo changed the specification without notifing the customers who have been waiting for these.

Anyone?

That is a bit dodgy. They can get out of those deals if you can expect that the price is wrong.
    I give you an example.
    A few months ago there was this incredible offer in Holland, €99 for a 32" Philips lcd tv. Hundreds of people ordered them Someone even ordered 80.
    People went to court, demanding the tv would be delivered. Court rules that everybody in his right mind could know there was a mistake and the shop did not have to deliver.
    In this case, i guess it is pretty clear too, a 500gb can not be cheaper than a 250 gb version.

inforfun wrote:
    That is a bit dodgy. They can get out of those deals if you can expect that the price is wrong.
    I give you an example.
    A few months ago there was this incredible offer in Holland, €99 for a 32" Philips lcd tv. Hundreds of people ordered them Someone even ordered 80.
    People went to court, demanding the tv would be delivered. Court rules that everybody in his right mind could know there was a mistake and the shop did not have to deliver.
    In this case, i guess it is pretty clear too, a 500gb can not be cheaper than a 250 gb version.
    Kinda agree but it does happen, where you have better items cheaper. It stated that item had 500GB I ordered in that understanding, they changed the description without notifing me + they have my money + they haven't delivered the item. They even state on the phones recorded message that they only charge for items that they ship, so again false advertising. Anyone with a legal background, do they have a leg to stand on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

i guess it is pretty clear too, a 500gb can not be cheaper than a 250 gb version
    Not necessarily so. The way that HDD have gone is that the smaller sizes are more expensive now. Do a search on pixmania and you see drives that are <2000GB are more expensive than many drives which are >400GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

irelandjoe wrote:
    Kinda agree but it does happen, where you have better items cheaper. It stated that item had 500GB I ordered in that understanding, they changed the description without notifing me + they have my money + they haven't delivered the item. They even state on the phones recorded message that they only charge for items that they ship, so again false advertising. Anyone with a legal background, do they have a leg to stand on?

I suggest you just cancel the order, get your money back. It is a french company so legal action, if possible, might get a bit pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

irelandjoe wrote:

Anyone?

How can they sell a 500gb device, without putting a hard drive in it

If you ordered the device based on it having 500gb hard drive, then they have to honour the sale of 500gb drive or give you a refund

I've found pixmania specs to be a bit dodgy in the past, always best to research the product off the pixmania site to make sure the feature listed are correct.

eolhc wrote:
    How can they sell a 500gb device, without putting a hard drive in it

If you ordered the device based on it having 500gb hard drive, then they have to honour the sale of 500gb drive or give you a refund

I've found pixmania specs to be a bit dodgy in the past, always best to research the product off the pixmania site to make sure the feature listed are correct.

Just got another mail from them saying that Media box goes not include the 500GB drive, They can't get in to their thick sculls that I know what the spec says NOW. It's what the spec said when I ordered it that they can't seem to get to grips with. Either that or they are just dodging the facts to avoid the fact that they made a mistake but don't want to own up to it !! I am sick of them to be honest. I am going to ring them one last time and see how I get on .

irelandjoe wrote:
    Just got another mail from them saying that Media box goes not include the 500GB drive, They can't get in to their thick sculls that I know what the spec says NOW. It's what the spec said when I ordered it that they can't seem to get to grips with. Either that or they are just dodging the facts to avoid the fact that they made a mistake but don't want to own up to it !! I am sick of them to be honest. I am going to ring them one last time and see how I get on .

Just off the phone and surprise surprise, same old excuse and no manager available to talk too. I requested a call back and I bet I don't get one. Very bad Customer Experience. They are looking for a screen shot of their spec. In Fairness who when ording something takes a screen shot of the full spec of what they order!!! The only thing that is saving them here is that the Item Description goes not state the 500GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

hmmm

a few of the most recent things i've downloaded have been having trouble playing, audio slipping out of sync.
    have a feeling it's cos there's a new divx codec doing the rounds and the old hv355 isn't up to the task.
    i converted one of the files using an older divx codec and it played fine.

anyone else notice this? doesn't seem to be anyway to update the firmware with a new codec, which is a pity. even the cheapy dvd divx players let you upgrade them

Advertisement