Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eviction: Jade Vs Shilpa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

apparently the bookies aren't taking bets on jade to win due to the current furore

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lynfo wrote:
    apparently the bookies aren't taking bets on jade to win due to the current furore
    I don't get that. Why would they stop taking money on Jade to win? Especially considering the fact that she's not gonna win. It'd be money for old rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

oops should have said 'a bookie' rather than 'the bookies'

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13563625,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I am of the opinion that, sadly, Jade is an example of what middle Britain is made up off, and whether she stays or goes, it will not change the opinions, or behaviours of a huge portion of the British population.

LOL, nice and generalistic. Almost like saying something like generalistic like "they eat with their hands"...

Lynfo wrote:
    Obviously a cynical attempt to garner some free publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I would vote for Shilpa...if they would open the vote.

I know the numbers but haven't seen anything advertised about the vote being open. Anyone seen a 'vote now' advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

i don't know, if Shilpa is evicted and the population vote to keep Jade,
    i think it will be a true reflection of how the general public thinks in the UK.
    i hope i am very wrong, but something tells me that Jade and the rest of the girls ARE a true reflection of how Brits think.
    sad really

Please don't think that!

Jade, Danielle and Jo are an embarrassment. There have been several polls on tv/radio and in the Press, and the majority of people want to see Jade out, and never have to look at her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

exactly. you can't judge an entire population by the acts of one foolish bint.
    if they vote to keep jade in, then they are doing so out of being stupid enough to fall for channel 4's editing and not out of racism or anything else.

julep wrote:
    exactly. you can't judge an entire population by the acts of one foolish bint.
    if they vote to keep jade in, then they are doing so out of being stupid enough to fall for channel 4's editing and not out of racism or anything else.

Complacency is the biggest worry. When something is "a foregone conclusion", sometimes people don't bother to vote.

Hopefully, Jade's actions will motivate people to want to vote more than once.

Unfortunately, that means making more money for Endamol, who engineered the whole sorry affair. But I'd sooner see Endamol make money if it means that Jade Goody is shown up for the pathetic waste of space she is.

Sorry if that makes me sound as bigoted as she is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Not watching it myself but apparently odds on jade are 1 to 5 that Jade is to be evicted. That means that without a doubt that stupid gobby wide-arsed loudmouth should be out to face the vilification of the general public Panto-style come friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I love the way everyone is giving about all the 'chavs' that watch the show :)

i don't see a voted eviction happening or ever a public eviction after all the crap that has gone down over the past few days. I just see jade being called to the diary room and told to make her way out the back door ala nasty nick.

Not watching it myself but apparently odds on jade are 1 to 5 that Jade is to be evicted. That means that without a doubt that stupid gobby wide-arsed loudmouth should be out to face the vilification of the general public Panto-style come friday.

Please God.

It will be a new experience for her too - I think that when she was evicted from BB3, it was on finals night, and she had kind of won the public round a bit after Adele went.

You can tell by the way she is strutting around, that she thinks she is untouchable...that because she has been there before, she's somehow special. It's like watching Bad Girls or something, where there's always one prisoner that rules the roost.

Last night's viewing was so uncomfortable to watch...I don't suppose Shilpa is perfect, but I felt so sorry for her, and it's really not fair that people can behave like Jade and not get some kind of comeback from it. I just hate to see bullying/bigotry - call it what you will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Livvie wrote:
    Complacency is the biggest worry. When something is "a foregone conclusion", sometimes people don't bother to vote.

Hopefully, Jade's actions will motivate people to want to vote more than once.

Unfortunately, that means making more money for Endamol, who engineered the whole sorry affair. But I'd sooner see Endamol make money if it means that Jade Goody is shown up for the pathetic waste of space she is.

Sorry if that makes me sound as bigoted as she is.

Very good post. humanity has reached a new low with the latest BB. Channel 4 claim that they are letting the show run as its highlighting an issue (id say its more to do with the fact the ratings are through the roof and they know this friday will probably be their biggest money maker ever!)

The biggest action the public could take now is to switch off.

I dont like Shilpa and I hate Jade but this is wrong, pure and simple. I hope Jade and channel 4 gets done on the racism charges. After all it may be reality tv but there is a code of conduct.

quarryman wrote:
    I love the way everyone is giving about all the 'chavs' that watch the show :)
    i jus got me nikes n im ginna kick it ya no.

did i get that right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

lets just hope that C4 have set up a giant anvil outside the big brother house door by friday :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

We should stone jade when she gets evicted just so her dumb boyfriend can get confused wondering why people are doing it?

"maybe they thought it was shilpa who got evicted?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Love it or loathe it, if you've rubber-necked the car crash that is Celebrity Big Brother, then we've gotta bet for you!

Do you dare throw a custard pie at one of the trio? Yes, we mean Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd or Jo O’Meara, who are causing most trouble in the house.

Go on, we dare you! If you can do it on the day they leave the house, when they're live on tv, then the Gottabet Team will award you £10,000 in cash.

Bet you won't! But we'd love you to prove us wrong.

If you can't get them on the night, the bet still stands. As long as you can get a custard pie in the face of one of the trio within one week of them coming out of the house - and get evidence of your feat - then we'll award the first person to do so with £2,500 cash.

Gottabet.com

That's just going to be scary if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did you hear Jade tonight on the show? I actually dislike her even more now. Not only does she refer to Shilpa as Shilpa Poppadom, she then forgets what the original bloody argument with Shilpa was about...

"She said my only claim to fame was knowing her..."

No she didn't say that you donkey, she said your only claim to fame was being in the Big Brother house (which is accurate).

It was Jade of course who responded by saying, "No, my claim to fame is meeting you, you f*cking loser."

Great job at inventing grievances!

Jade is an odious, foul-mouthed moron. I hope she's evicted and faces a hostile reception. The look on her face would be priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Apparently, there's nothing nice middle class Irish people like better than stereotyping the white English working class. "Jade is an example of what middle Britain is made up of". And you'd know this how? I was born and bred in England, in a working-class town. The English, Irish, Polish, West Indian, Indian, Chinese etc all lived on the same housing estates, their kids played together, we went to school together. And - as someone who's speaking from personal experience rather than a snide middle class perspective - there was sod all racism. Not that it didn't exist. Not that there weren't racists. Not that there weren't racial attacks. But overwhelmingly people got along. Still, it's nice to feel superior to another group of people by using some crass stereotyping, isn't it? Ironically, that attitude's the basis of racism itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Not watching it myself but apparently odds on jade are 1 to 5 that Jade is to be evicted.

Try 1/20... :D

Still, it's (hopefully) easy money!

r3nu4l wrote:
    it's the chavs who spend the majority of money voting
    Ah yes, that'd be the same people who voted a gay Irishman and a Portugese transexual as previous winners of Big Brother. Inconsistent lot, these chav bigots, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Duck Soup wrote:
    Apparently, there's nothing nice middle class Irish people like better than stereotyping the white English working class. "Jade is an example of what middle Britain is made up of". And you'd know this how? I was born and bred in England, in a working-class town. The English, Irish, Polish, West Indian, Indian, Chinese etc all lived on the same housing estates, their kids played together, we went to school together. And - as someone who's speaking from personal experience rather than a snide middle class perspective - there was sod all racism. Not that it didn't exist. Not that there weren't racists. Not that there weren't racial attacks. But overwhelmingly people got along. Still, it's nice to feel superior to another group of people by using some crass stereotyping, isn't it? Ironically, that attitude's the basis of racism itself.

Ooh you can almost reach out and touch the indignation.

The story of 10 people dying in the stormy weather is second to the BB story. Very sad.

Duck Soup wrote:
    And - as someone who's speaking from personal experience rather than a snide middle class perspective - there was sod all racism.
    Duck Soup wrote:
    Not that there weren't racists. Not that there weren't racial attacks.
    So there was sod all racism but yet there were racist people that carried out racist attacks? Hmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Jade has got to go - it will be absolutely priceless tonight when she tries to "explain" herself :D:D

BaZmO* wrote:
    So there was sod all racism but yet there were racist people that carried out racist attacks? Hmmmm...
    Oh come, come. Even for you, it's not too difficult a concept to grasp. I grew up in a relatively small industrial town of about 100,000 people outside London. 30% of all its inhabitants were immigrants, including my family. I was a proud Plastic Paddy, who listened to Dubliners albums and drank in the local Irish club. Apart from a sizeable Irish contigent, there were also a lot of Indians, West Indians and Polish. Now, how many inter-racial interactions were there each day? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Over a year, how many? Tens of millions? And that's just in one small town.

A racial incident was exceptional to create considerable comment. The card-carrying racists were few but unapologetic, but usually didn't have many friends except other racists. The rest of us? As kids, we sat in prams together outside the shops as our parents talked about this and that. As we grew up, we played football together on council parks. And as we got older, we got gloriously drunk together in the same pubs and took turns in carrying each other home. Happy daze.

So pardon me - while I realize that racism exists and have probably seen more of it than most here - if I raise the most quizzical of eyebrows at the notion that the English working class are inveterate and unalterable racists.

You've got to love the Irish middle classes. They're desperate to hug a Haitian, adopt an Antiguan and nuzzle a Nigerian. But they will merrily stereotype someone on the basis of class quicker than you can say 'Ew. Shellsuit.' One group likes to feel superior to others, and apprently education doesn't erase the instinct.

Let's take one statement made in this thread about chavs (a wonderfully snide term): "they are uneducated, uncultured and incredibly ignorant." That statement would be broadly acceptable to many people I'm guessing. Change one word. "Indians are uneducated, uncultured and incredibly ignorant." Still acceptable?

wow. that sounds like a benetton ad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Duck Soup wrote:
    Oh come, come. Even for you, it's not too difficult a concept to grasp. I grew up in a relatively small industrial town of about 100,000 people outside London. 30% of all its inhabitants were immigrants, including my family. I was a proud Plastic Paddy, who listened to Dubliners albums and drank in the local Irish club. Apart from a sizeable Irish contigent, there were also a lot of Indians, West Indians and Polish. Now, how many inter-racial interactions were there each day? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Over a year, how many? Tens of millions? And that's just in one small town.

A racial incident was exceptional to create considerable comment. The card-carrying racists were few but unapologetic, but usually didn't have many friends except other racists. The rest of us? As kids, we sat in prams together outside the shops as our parents talked about this and that. As we grew up, we played football together on council parks. And as we got older, we got gloriously drunk together in the same pubs and took turns in carrying each other home. Happy daze.

So pardon me - while I realize that racism exists and have probably seen more of it than most here - if I raise the most quizzical of eyebrows at the notion that the English working class are inveterate and unalterable racists.

You've got to love the Irish middle classes. They're desperate to hug a Haitian, adopt an Antiguan and nuzzle a Nigerian. But they will merrily stereotype someone on the basis of class quicker than you can say 'Ew. Shellsuit.' One group likes to feel superior to others, and apprently education doesn't erase the instinct.

Let's take one statement made in this thread about chavs (a wonderfully snide term): "they are uneducated, uncultured and incredibly ignorant." That statement would be broadly acceptable to many people I'm guessing. Change one word. "Indians are uneducated, uncultured and incredibly ignorant." Still acceptable?

So what you're doing is countering one ridiculous generalisation about English working classes with yet another ridiculous generalisation about the Irish middle classes? Wow.
    Well done you.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I do not watch Big brother but i watched a little last night to see what the story is after all the hype. I hope Jade goes.. i want to watch the eviction tonight, hoping she goes and i want to see the fans reaction.. would love her to get boo'd :D
    What time is the ACTUAL eviction on at? Is it on in a few mins at 8:30 or later at 10:30?? I do not want to have to watch an hour of big brother only to to find out its not till the 10:30 show on C4

edit- the 8:30 show just started and no croud because of the possibility of Jade being attacked or something... thats no fun!!

Advertisement