Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eviction: Jade Vs Shilpa

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

There won't be any fan reaction because no fans will be there. Its a closed compound for her eviction tonight, will just be her and that vaccuous presenter bitch, Davina wassname.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

There won't be any fan reaction because no fans will be there. Its a closed compound for her eviction tonight, will just be her and that vaccuous presenter bitch, Davina wassname.

there'll be a studio audience, made up of random ticket holders i think, i think thats what was said on bblb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well its over till 10:30 now.. i ended up watching it. At least Jade appologised and she started to realise how people might be reacting on the outside world though she cant know she caused an international incident though!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Saruman wrote:
    Well its over till 10:30 now.. i ended up watching it. At least Jade appologised and she started to realise how people might be reacting on the outside world though she cant know she caused an international incident though!
    Is it not live + 10 on E4 at the moment, they're all eating Chinese takeaway at the moment as a sign of international understanding.

Edit
    Actually the 'live' coverage on E4 is actually about 40 mins behind rather than the usual 10, so there seems to be something up, as in time for a half pre-briefing before we go back live on Channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I think Shilpa will be evicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Duck Soup wrote:
    Oh come, come. Even for you, it's not too difficult a concept to grasp. I grew up in a relatively small industrial town of about 100,000 people outside London. 30% of all its inhabitants were immigrants, including my family. I was a proud Plastic Paddy, who listened to Dubliners albums and drank in the local Irish club. Apart from a sizeable Irish contigent, there were also a lot of Indians, West Indians and Polish. Now, how many inter-racial interactions were there each day? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Over a year, how many? Tens of millions? And that's just in one small town.

A racial incident was exceptional to create considerable comment. The card-carrying racists were few but unapologetic, but usually didn't have many friends except other racists. The rest of us? As kids, we sat in prams together outside the shops as our parents talked about this and that. As we grew up, we played football together on council parks. And as we got older, we got gloriously drunk together in the same pubs and took turns in carrying each other home. Happy daze.

So pardon me - while I realize that racism exists and have probably seen more of it than most here - if I raise the most quizzical of eyebrows at the notion that the English working class are inveterate and unalterable racists.

You've got to love the Irish middle classes. They're desperate to hug a Haitian, adopt an Antiguan and nuzzle a Nigerian. But they will merrily stereotype someone on the basis of class quicker than you can say 'Ew. Shellsuit.' One group likes to feel superior to others, and apprently education doesn't erase the instinct.

Let's take one statement made in this thread about chavs (a wonderfully snide term): "they are uneducated, uncultured and incredibly ignorant." That statement would be broadly acceptable to many people I'm guessing. Change one word. "Indians are uneducated, uncultured and incredibly ignorant." Still acceptable?
    Huh? I don't seem to remember asking for your personal social history. What I do remember is pointing out the contradictory nature of your post.

And also, Middle Class? I'm born and raised in an area of Dublin that would be classed as extremely working class and in many repects quite rough, so I don't know where the the Middle Class tag is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Duck Soup wrote:
    You've got to love the Irish middle classes. They're desperate to hug a Haitian, adopt an Antiguan and nuzzle a Nigerian. But they will merrily stereotype someone on the basis of class quicker than you can say 'Ew. Shellsuit.' One group likes to feel superior to others, and apprently education doesn't erase the instinct.
    Very well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

So what you're doing is countering one ridiculous generalisation about English working classes with yet another ridiculous generalisation about the Irish middle classes? Wow.
    Well done you.
    :rolleyes:
    You started it. You invaded Poland.

Advertisement