Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PI is rediculous

Options
  • 18-01-2007 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I think most ppl in PI should be banned, the majority anyway. Its the same unhelpful posts time after time.

"Im depressed bla bla"
    PI Solution: "You need to join a club or society"

"Im 30 ,a virgin and never had a girlfriend"
    PI Solution: "Oh yeah you need to join a gym"

"I cheated on my girlfriend"
    PI Solution: "Oh you have to tell her immediately, resulting in her dumping you, problem solved"

"Theres a girl in my class who I like and think likes me what to do what to do"
    PI Solution: "You need to join a voluntary charity organisation"

Seriously none of these are helpful or in any way practical. I think with PI its more like ppl create more problems for themselves by posting. Any thoughts, should PI be shut down?

Shut PI Down 29 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    27% 8 votes
    Maybe just ban some people
    72% 21 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Wow, that is one of the worst thought out posts ever.
    Personally I think PI is a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Lorax wrote:
    Any thoughts, should PI be shut down?
    Judging on how many people post in it, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

can we get this poll edited to include atari jaguar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I see the banning some people option is getting some votes.

I would suggest these ppl from PI:

embee
    dudara
    rb_ie
    berutheal
    thaedyl
    the_syco
    Victor
    vorbis
    Hurin
    gandalf

for a start thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

No one's forcing you to read the PI forum tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You linked to Kenan and Kel in AH. You have lost any right you ever had to judge anyone else.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lorax wrote:

embee
    dudara
    rb_ie
    berutheal
    thaedyl
    the_syco
    Victor
    vorbis
    Hurin
    gandalf

for a start thanks
    So you want to ban 3 of the board's moderators? :rolleyes:

Get some orange soda....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lorax for Mod!!!!
    Kharn wrote:
    So you want to ban 3 of the board's moderators? :rolleyes:
    No, its 5, he just changed the names around abit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

PI is fine the way it is. The forum is one of the toughes to mod on Boards. Not a job anyone would envy.

Some of the the threads might seem a little far fetched, but even if it isn't true I'm the advice given is still good for someone.

Many of the problems appear again and again. People give their own personal advice to the situation. Sometimes looking at the PI it feels as if nothing new is there. Same old problems, same advice. If that advice helps someone, is it problem.

The same threads keep on appearing because so many people have the same issues. The advice people give is often from their own personal experience of going through the same thing.

How do you suggest PI be changed for the better?

Lorax wrote:

embee
    dudara
    rb_ie
    berutheal
    thaedyl
    the_syco
    Victor
    vorbis
    Hurin
    gandalf

for a start thanks
    You are so up your own hole.Some on that list give very good advice.How many feedback threads have you started?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Right you are Victor! I forgot about dudara and never realised Gandalf was a PI mod. That explains a lot... ;)

Anyway, let Lorax have at it, s/he clearly knows best...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Are you trolling the Feedback forum Lorax? :/

If you don't like the PI forum, don't read it, no one's holding a gun to your head.
    I find it ironic that out of your last 20 posts, 6 of them were in PI threads.

As for it not helping people, how would you know?
    If it helps even one person, is that not a good thing?
    I'm sure I'm not the only PI mod to get a PM thanking us for the help given.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lorax:

Your first post was most entertaining. However, now I see that you are serious about wanting the PI mods (amongst other valuable PI contributors) banned.

The people that you mention contribute way, way more than you have ever done or ever will. Do you think that you can do better? I've yet to see a response from you offering better advice than those you mention can provide.

If you are stupid enough to suggest that PI would be a better place without those people I'm of the opinion that you should be perma-banned from the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

What's wrong with PI? For such a busy forum the vast majority of the posts are sensible or well intentioned. It's the next best thing to friendly advice. You don't ask your mates to have a B.A. in psychology, do you?

The only bad thread I remember was one a few months back where people were taking the piss out of a poster whose boyfriend was obviously cryptorchid. That's almost as bad as laughing at someone whose just found a lump under her breast. However, it's not the type of thing you typically see on PI. The mods seem to do a very good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

you have to be joking right?

PI is probably the most usefull part of this site to a lot of people.

imo, here's who i'd suggest be banned from PI:*

Lorax.

*only joking ^_^

(ps. is there a magic the gathering card for this?)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,629 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

er i think the op is goin through a bad patch.

Although no one can deny that SOME of the advice given there is awful. And to be fair of all forums, its one where you cant really say "if you dont like it, dont go there". from time to time, individuals with real personal problems (with a need for professional help) post there. People like that need to be treated sensitively. The mods for the forum though seem to have their heads screwed on.

It would be good if we could get a real doctor to mod that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Troll tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hey Lorax ... maybe if we got landline numbers for everyone on PI?

Seriously, you start a thread a while back asking "whats the point in banning people" and then you come here saying Boards should ban more people?

Ok so heres some quotes from Lorax:

On the thread Suggestions for PI you say Beruthiel did a good job, and now you want to ban her?
    Lorax wrote:
    Some of the threads (in my opinion) on PI are completely ridiculous and made up, not mentioning any in particular, but I dont think its fair when people give up some of their time to offer anonymous people advice about their problems, that they might be just wasting their time on trolls. I remember it happened once or twice before and Beruthiel I think it was caught them out, because they were laughing about it on the football365 forums, but there should be a way of verifying unregistered users topics imo, maybe supply a landline and have the moderators give a quick call to them to verify the topic is real. Or something similar. Just a thought and before I get flamed (like I always do when I post on this forum) I am only trying to help.

Then on the thread Whats the point of banning ppl?
    Lorax wrote:
    I mean u can just sign up another account takes 10 seconds to do. And its not as if ppl with high postcounts that care about thier postcounts are gonna get banned anyway? Its usually ppl with low postcounts that get banned.. I think all the troll accounts ever on boards are probably from the same handful of ppl so maybe if u make a way to properly verify accounts like a landline number or something it would eliminate trolling completely. Just a thought..

Now from anyone thats familiar with you they'll know you've been banned loads of times on here, you are an unhelpful whinger.

Can someone either ban this tard or get a landline number for him and talk to his mammy about his behavior?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think Lorax needs to get out there and join a club or society or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Go to Dorktor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Lorax, you'll find that most people offering advice for depression suggest that the OP go to a doctor and/or contact the mental health/depression charity "Aware".

The reason they also suggest gyms and societies is because exercise and positive social interaction has been scientifically proven to help with (not cure) depression - Linkypoo,foryou.

Maybe find out a bit more about these things before posting glaringly inaccurate statements.

I think Lorax needs to get out there and join a club or society or something...

lol

TYWINK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe he/she could try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Lorax, i think you might have some valid points behind your ideas but your posts are not that thought out and this will only lead to the usual people on feedback throwing smart comments your way and going out of their way to show previous threads that you may have started, that discredit any views you may have here.
    You should either write out some rational points and solutions or else you will only find yourself going around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Shut up Lorax.

Carcharodon, he's not capable of thinking things through. Fair play you are looking at the poster Lorax 'could be' but hes not going to change ... hes around a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Clearly you missed the "Pizza delivery guy" thread a few days ago. That was pure quality.

• Advertisement

Link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement