Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VanTasks.com, colour and logo critique

Options
  • 18-01-2007 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm just about to market www.vantasks.com and thought I'd ask for the opinions of folk here before I do.

I'm still not decided on the colour scheme. I'm quite happy with it at the moment, but I'm not toooo sure if it's the right colour for the business type and would be willing to change if the right reasons were given.

I'm quite happy with the logo, however, I was showing it to a complete technophobe who asked "what's anTasks" :( so I'm trying to think of how I can make it more obviously "VanTasks" but still keep the logo idea of the tick. Perhaps it's just a case of icreasing the font size of "anTasks", or maybe having the same shadow around "anTasks" as the tick, which I've been meaning to get done anyway?

Any feedback would be appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

looks alright.
    with regard to antasks, maybe reduce the scale of the tick/V that should improve antasks problem.
    that shade of blue reminds me of something though!
    it'll come to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Very nice a clean looking, My only critique is that the blue feels a bit cold...
    Perhaps put a nice warm orange in there somewhere?

Maybe to make it more obvious you could have van in orange and tasks in blue?

Other than that I really like the idea and site!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Was thinking of doing the Van and Tasks different colours alright, and orange was the main type of colour I was thinking because apparently it's associated with cheap/value so will have a think.

I'll either increase the size of antasks or reduce the tick I think anyway:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

The large tick is nice and big, easy to recognise and i think the size is fine ,but i think the antasks should be made a little bit bigger.

Good luck with the marketing,
    Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Quite nice ...

Like the logo :)

The individual items with ticks beside though I feel ... get a bit overpowered by the ticks

The nav menu ... feels slightly hard to read .. ( the contrast just feels a bit wrong)

The anchor color .. looks a bit out of place as well to me

Thats my two donuts on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement