Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbiddenplanet.co.uk

Options
  • 18-01-2007 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Has anyone ever ordered any manga from forbiddenplanet.co.uk? I placed an order for some graphic novels on the 9th. Haven't received anything, order status hasn't been updated. I've sent two emails to see what the story is with no reply to either. Normally I'd cancel the order but they don't have an option to do that on their site.

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

The fact that you can't cancel the order would mean that I would never shop through them.

They have to have a way to cancel the order. It may be through their e-mail or something like that. Might be worth having a word with your credit card provider.

Between the many good online shops that ship to Ireland, (bookdepository, UP1, archonia, play, amazon etc.) you don't want to mess with cowboys who can't do their web site properly and can't track stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

And if it had been some crowd I'd never heard of, I'd agree with you. It's the fact that it's Forbidden Planet that I went with them.

Don't think I'll be ordering from them again. Reckon I'll stick with Book Depository in future.

Lesson learned and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

I remember going through manga shops once and found the standard of etailing to be pretty poor in fact. Dedicated online purchasing & stock tracking seemed to be 2 characteristics that seperated the good ones form the bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Yeah, found some really good and some REALLY bad online stores.

Waterstones are ok but a little pricey and wouldn't have the worlds greatest selection. Well packaged though and arrived pretty quick.

Couple of Amazon stores I tried were very good. Paperbackshop & thebookdepository are the best 2 that I've dealt with. There's another crowd called aphrohead that were absolutely atrocious. I definitely won't be ordering from them again.

Play.com have a Tokyopop 4 for 3 deal going but unless you're into Battle Royale or Love Hina, then you'll struggle to pick up a large amount of any one series. A lot of Vol 1's but then you'll find that Vols 2,3,4.. aren't included in that deal.

Advertisement