Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV License - Who pays?

Options
  • 18-01-2007 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure if Im posting in the right forum but I have a renting property related question. If you are renting a fully furnished house and the television belongs to the owner who is letting the apartment, who pays the TV license?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Elphaba wrote:
    Hi,
    Not sure if Im posting in the right forum but I have a renting property related question. If you are renting a fully furnished house and the television belongs to the owner who is letting the apartment, who pays the TV license?
    Thanks

Tru emailing this question here

Dublin.TVlicence@anpost.ie

If you think the inspector is checking answer the door naked , they will just want to get out of there...

I think its the resdent of the house , which is you

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Thanks for that Zambia. Naked door answering sounds both effective and fun!:D

Elphaba wrote:
    Thanks for that Zambia. Naked door answering sounds both effective and fun!:D

Ah sorry i forgot to add this works if your a girl two but , for all the wrong reasons.

Actually never answer the door to strangers , no stranger has ever knocked on my door to give me good news.

At best they are looking for someone else , at worst they are tax collecters.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If the landlord supplies the TV with the house, he must pay the TV licence. If you supply your own TV, you must pay the TV licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

from the horse's mouth:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/media/tv_licences/?searchterm=television%20licence

this says "anyone resident" must have a licence, doesn't matter who owns the tv or the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Ah Nuts! No way am I paying 158. I'm only gonna be there a couple more months. Will have to have words..........

Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

You can have a TV License transferred between houses.

Couple of months then how do you know its not actually covered by the previous tenant. When they really want it they send this legal letter asking you to state you paid and when you paid.

For some reason the licence man only called once to my house at 07.30 in the morning when i was in arrears. After that i just got ther letters when i "fergat" to pay.

I would like to piont out i have always paid my licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭mentalson

It is the resident that is liable. Who owns the property or the TV is irrelevant. If someone calls to your door from An Post make up a name. Its that simple.

oh and if you have a girl on the sofa and you are about to score never never mention that you don't have a TV licence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Transfer the license when you move...I wouldn't risk getting caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Anyone who has access to the TV is liable.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Whats the story if the licence is not paid, do you get reminders?

Ive been in a rented accomodation for about 2 years and it came with a tv but ive never got a letter about it or anything, does this mean the landlord covered the bill?(which id doubt)

brav wrote:
    Whats the story if the licence is not paid, do you get reminders?

Ive been in a rented accomodation for about 2 years and it came with a tv but ive never got a letter about it or anything, does this mean the landlord covered the bill?(which id doubt)

yes you do big nasty "we know where you live" ones

Advertisement