Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother - Danielle - F*** off home

Options
  • 18-01-2007 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

So did anyone see Big Brother pull Danielle up over her comment that Shilpa should "F*** off home".

She was asked what she meant by that comment and you could see both of her brain cells jarring with the realisation that she had been caught out in a blatantly racist statement.

Now until yesterday, I had seen nothing to indicate racism, bullying yes, racism no! That comment however changes things for me but Danielles backtracking was comical to say the least.

"I don't remember saying it Big Brother but if you say I did, then I must have"..."Oh, I didn't mean it as in 'go home' just 'go home' but I don't want anyone to go home' :confused: WTF woman?

Totally caught out and you could see the worry on her face, not for causing offence but for what it would mean for her when leaving the house...the potential millions of pounds in publicity and sponsorship contracts draining through her fingers.

Then to top all of that, earlier in the day she was giving out that Shilpa didn't even speak good English :rolleyes: and was offended because Shilpa had suggested that Jade et al., needed elocution lessons :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

r3nu4l wrote:
    Now until yesterday, I had seen nothing to indicate racism, bullying yes, racism no! That comment however changes things for me
    I'm exactly the same. I didn't think there were any racist comments up until I heard that. Strange that BB called her on it, don't think I've ever seen them do that. Probably damage limitation on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Didn't Danielle once say about Shilpa "that she wants to be white" while she was bleaching her facial hair. Shes a racist bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

^Did she? Wow, now that is racist. I wasn't aware of that, although now that you mention it it does vaguely ring a bell somewhere in the back of my addled brain.

I think BB does have to bring about some damage limitation. Perhaps the public vote this week will sort out some of the problems.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Not sure if it can be classed as racism but Danille also gave Shilpa a dirty towel off the floor the other day to dry herself after she asked her to get her a clean one which was hanging in the bedroom... Dirty bitch, thats just out of order :(

xzanti wrote:
    Not sure if it can be classed as racism but Danille also gave Shilpa a dirty towel off the floor the other day to dry herself after she asked her to get her a clean one which was hanging in the bedroom... Dirty bitch, thats just out of order :(
    Of course it's not racism. However, sometimes people's actions are of a direct result of their racist beliefs, but in this case I think she was just being a b1tch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I think big brother blew the lid by saying this to Danielle , instead of calling her on it they potentialy tipped her off and gave her the chance to do damage control .This in my view is cheating on big brothers behalf and gave Danielle the chance to see how she is being percieved by others .

RAIN wrote:
    I think big brother blow the lid by saying this to Danielle , instead of calling her on it they potentialy tipped her off and gave her the chance to do damage control .This in my view is cheating on big brothers behalf and gave Danielle the chance to see how she is being percieved by others .

Absolutely, BB and Channel4 know they are in deep do-do (always wanted to say that :D) and this was a chance to give the dimwit an opportunity to begin toning it down a little...whether it will work or not is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

RAIN wrote:
    I think big brother blow the lid by saying this to Danielle , instead of calling her on it they potentialy tipped her off and gave her the chance to do damage control .This in my view is cheating on big brothers behalf and gave Danielle the chance to see how she is being percieved by others .

I agree. I bet she does a whole lot of damage control on tonights show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 humphty

Ah now in fairness Danielle is a total thick so she could hardly be expected to be blamed for her comments :D
    Sure wasn't she convinced that Winston Churchill was the first black president of America. God love her

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I agree. I bet she does a whole lot of damage control on tonights show.

Oh yeah sure on the website yesterday they had snipetts of Danielle letting Shilpa do her hair and hugging her and telling her how much she "really likes her" Stomach churning stuff... I think what we saw last night was probably the peak of it all...

• Advertisement

Aparently she tries to smooth things over early in tonights show , shes seems to be in denial everythime she is alone with shilpa talking as if she is on her side . Shes probably convinced that she is not a bad person and her comments with the girls are harmless .In every possible sense she makes me vomit .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Couldn't be bothered typing the same stuff out :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036489&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say that Danielle is just a really poorly educated girl with little life experience.

i would also like to point out the following:

shilpa and Jermaine discussing Jermaine's first marriage:

Shilpa: was she black?
    Jermaine: (without batting an eyelid) Of course!

and this (which sort of made me laugh)

Jermaine: I was praying to Allah
    Shilpa: (with a look that can be described as a mixture of disbelief and disgust, but more disbelief) Who?
    Jermain: My god.
    Shilpa: Oh. ok.

again, not racist, just they way both of them were brough up and things that are natural to them.

I can see where you're coming from julep but just because they don't know any better does not mean they are not racist. Ignorance is no excuse imo.

The real point is that people like Danielle, Jo and Jade make no effort to educate themselves in any way, never mind educating themselves as to what is racist or not.

A comment like "F**k off home" is undeniably racist and even the dimmest person can see that...as evidenced by Danielles reaction when asked about it :D

I agree that Jermaine's 'of course' statement is racist and as I've said before he constantly refers to colour every chance he gets. I'm surprised he didn't object to the afro wigs for the Jackson 5 task!

julep wrote:
    i would also like to point out the following:

shilpa and Jermaine discussing Jermaine's first marriage:

Shilpa: was she black?
    Jermaine: (without batting an eyelid) Of course!

and this (which sort of made me laugh)

Jermaine: I was praying to Allah
    Shilpa: (with a look that can be described as a mixture of disbelief and disgust, but more disbelief) Who?
    Jermain: My god.
    Shilpa: Oh. ok.

again, not racist, just they way both of them were brough up and things that are natural to them.
    What's that got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

RAIN wrote:

There's something fishy about Danielle's sudden repentance. Whatever way they edited it.... i doubt she suddely realised she'd done something wrong. Something else must've been said that was edited out. In other words she's been tipped off.

She also lied when she told BB that she didn;t enjoy the row. After the row she told the other two whores "That was the highlight of my day".

Repentace my backside she's only interested in PR.

I reqally hope Jade's career is over after last night. She is vile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Eamo71 wrote:
    I really hope Jade's career is over after last night. She is vile!
    Agreed. I really hope she disappears down the same hole she crawled out of in the first place. Game or not, she has proved herself to be a bitch of epic proportions! Uuughhhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

Yeah, Jo/Danielle/Jade. They do no justice at all for the english female population. Thick as 3 planks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭fitz

A broad sweeping statement claiming that Indians are thin because they undercook their food and are always sick can hardly be dismissed as a clash of class or culture, as the producers are trying to do.

It's racism, plain and simple.
    People should be kicked out long before it got to the stage it has.
    I think Jade, Danielle and Jo can kiss goodbye to their "careers".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Eamo71 wrote:
    There's something fishy about Danielle's sudden repentance. Whatever way they edited it.... i doubt she suddely realised she'd done something wrong. Something else must've been said that was edited out. In other words she's been tipped off.

She also lied when she told BB that she didn;t enjoy the row. After the row she told the other two whores "That was the highlight of my day".

Repentace my backside she's only interested in PR.

Yeah - Repentance is being sorry for doing something and stopping it. It doesn't mean being sorry that you're caught.
    She looked like she'd just been caught with her hand in the cookie jar, and still tried to deny it.

Although I don't know why they singled her out to call her up on it - the other two were equally bad.

I wouldn't go so far to say that it was all racism. More likely that it was Ignorance, Jealousy and being seriously catty.

They're intimidated by the fact that Shilpa is
    1. Very pretty
    2. Talented - she has accomplished something with her life
    3. Well educated
    4. Wealthy
    5. Actually has class

What have the others accomplished between them?
    - Appeared in Big Brother, and is famous for being thick.
    - Been in a successful manufactured band and disappeared into obscurity
    - Been a footballers missus (until he trades her in for the next model) and appeared in Nuts magazine.

They're so jealous they attack anything that's different in Shilpa, because that's all they're capable of. What can they fault her on?

Good riddence the lot of them - I can't believe I've watched enough of the show to comment on it. :-(

I think Channel 4 are right to show it as it is, and not edit it out, because otherwise people would go on and vote to save the three witches becasue they like Jade, Danielle and Jo and there's no way that they'd ever do anything bad.

• Advertisement

Because the other two ARE bullying Shilpa but Danielle is the one who is using comments like shes a Dog ,wants to be white etc etc so big brother are trying to protect/stop her from going any further then she already has .Il say it again big brother is cheating by doing this. ALSO why werent her and Jade punished for not voteing for Carol or Cleo ?and why is Danielle only mad at shilpa and not Joe for voteing ?I know this is off topic but i wasenty realy watching it at the very start .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

fitz wrote:
    A broad sweeping statement claiming that Indians are thin because they undercook their food and are always sick can hardly be dismissed as a clash of class or culture, as the producers are trying to do.

How ironic that the very show that launched Jade's "career" is now going to (hopefully) destroy it. Jade Goody makes me sick. I was aghast at the way she tore into Shilpa last night. And the way she kept on screaming and ranting and thumping things after Shilpa had left the room just shows how unhinged she is. She is scum, pure and simple.

And how funny that she screams "YOU'RE A LIAR!" at Shilpa! Yes Jade, and you didn't have liposuction instead of actually losing weight through your new fitness DVD. lol.

Just as worrying as this blatant racism on her behalf, is the fact that she is held up as a role model by certain sectors of society. Is it any wonder we have so many stupid chav young people around? I'm only 25 and in only ten years it's amazing how such a large section of society are flushing their lives down the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

fitz wrote:

Absolutely . . I don't buy any of this BS trying to disguise their behaviour as stupidity or ignorance. . . It is racism typical of the English tabloid culture and it should not be accepted . .

Last night Jade called Shilpa the "princess of Neverland" FFS ? ??

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

eth0_ wrote:
    How ironic that the very show that launched Jade's "career" is now going to (hopefully) destroy it.

I was thinking the same thing. Let's hope it does finish her career. It's a fitting end for a talentless piece of garbage. You can just see her a few week's from now on This Morning or something trying to make amends with the world...

"I fink I was misrespisentred."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I was thinking the same thing. Let's hope it does finish her career. It's a fitting end for a talentless piece of garbage. You can just see her a few week's from now on This Morning or something trying to make amends with the world...

"I fink I was misrespisentred."

Make no mistake, Max Clifford will go into overdrive. But the sad thing is folks, the pigface talentless trollop will bounce back. Heat, Now et al will run features on her and the Sun will bail her out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

RAIN wrote:
    Because the other two ARE bullying Shilpa but Danielle is the one who is using comments like shes a Dog ,wants to be white etc etc so big brother are trying to protect/stop her from going any further then she already has .Il say it again big brother is cheating by doing this. ALSO why werent her and Jade punished for not voteing for Carol or Cleo ?and why is Danielle only mad at shilpa and not Joe for voteing ?I know this is off topic but i wasenty realy watching it at the very start .

I think she crossed a line where bb had to imply what she was saying wasn't on. I don't think danielle even understands what she said sounded racist even after bb talked to her, maybe she did, i don't think she is fundamentally racist as such just a bully. What she has being saying is disrespectful etc.

By not voting for carol, they were voting for cleo, wheather they liked it or not, if the vote was closer and they refused to vote, they would have probably been made vote or punished etc

Danielle used shilpa voting for carol as an excuse for getting mad at her. Danielle was very drunk when she was fighting with shilpa and basically thought shilpa was talking down to her or giving out to her for her behaviour. Danielle had been giving shilpa the cold shoulder or ignoring her or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

From an interview with Danielle:

I am not a politician but...

If I was, I'd get more people into work and stop people coming into the country. There's so many people who come into England because they know they can get benefits. People who already live here should get the jobs. But I don't really know much about politics.

http://news.independent.co.uk/people/profiles/article1963221.ece

Maybe "f*ck off home" may take on a new meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

The comments directed at Shilpa haven't been race based, however the comments the girls say behind her back, reveal an undercurrent of intolerance.

From Jackey referring to her as "the indian" and claiming she couldn't understand what her name was about, to the comments about eating with her fingers, not knowing where Shilpa's fingers have been - dangerous. I'm glad Danielle said that alst night, because it was more overt and brought that out into the light a bit.

It's sad but true that in Britain this is what goes on. The only thing that appears to have chnaged in the last 10 years is that people are better at hiding it. They know it's socially unacceptable to speak that way, but it doesn't stop them thinking it and saying it in their homes.
    I work with young people and it's true they don't have the stop on themselves adults do. They say the things they hear at home and I am constantly shocked and saddened by the attitude to all races. One parent in the school I teach in complained that her child was being educated with too many "Chinquies" and another pupil was concered I'd be "talking up the 'RA" to them.

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

BaZmO* wrote:
    What's that got to do with anything?
    It's got to do with the fact that Jermaine obviously never even considered being with a white woman, judging by the tone of his voice and the swiftness of his responce when asked if his first wife was black and also that Shilpa automaticially assumed that jermaine was not muslim because he is american.

there are two sides to every story. I just though that I would highlight the underlying racism of the so called victims and throw a spin on Danielles comment.

think about what they said for a minute and then look at the hypocrisy of this whole joke of an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

julep wrote:
    It's got to do with the fact that Jermaine obviously never even considered being with a white woman, judging by the tone of his voice and the swiftness of his responce when asked if his first wife was black and also that Shilpa automaticially assumed that jermaine was not muslim because he is american.

there are two sides to every story. I just though that I would highlight the underlying racism of the so called victims and throw a spin on Danielles comment.

think about what they said for a minute and then look at the hypocrisy of this whole joke of an issue.

TBH, I think you are inferring that there is underlying racism there, when there may not be. I did notice that Jermaine replied swiftly that his wife was black.

But if you think about it, it was the late 60's/early 70's when they were dating(from what I can remember) the social landscape of the US was much different then, he may well have said that no white girl would be permitted to date a black guy then.

I'm not saying that you're wrong and a different angle is good to look at, but its not obvious to me.

Advertisement