Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother - Danielle - F*** off home

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Livvie wrote:
    About the bus thing - absolutely. A racist would just have changed seats, and that is far more unacceptable I think. This subject is so interesting though - terrorism and its effects on racism - is there another topic on the board about it, as its off topic here I know.

The papers are saying things that might or might not be true - you can never tell with the Press. Did Danielle really say that she didn't want to touch food prepared by Shilpa because she didn't know where her hands had been?? Pretty on the outside, ugly on the inside.

yeah they've shown danielle saying the things she said, and i'm sure when she comes out of the house she'll be treated similar to jade, although jade seems to be the root cause of the bullying, the things danielle said were every bit a bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

padi89 wrote:
    Eh eeermmmm back on the Danielle subject...So i flicked on the live feed this morning and there is Danillle and Jo laughing away with Shilpa like everything is completly rosey.It made my blood boil watching it:mad: Hadnt Danille said she cant stand the sound of Shilpas laugh and that she is a fvcking bitch????:confused: Its obvious the three girls have been advised on what is happening on the outside and now Danielle is doing some serious sucking up.I suppose the fact that the ring leader is gone now she isnt so cocky,typical school girl ****e.Im just hoping people dont forget now what she is REALLY like.

Big Brother is stupid instead of talking about this bull**** you should get a life u bastardssss:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

greine wrote:
    It's up to parents/adults to act and speak rationally to our kids and to discuss these matters with them. Children are often open to irrational and biased exposure through the media or their peers and form these irrational conclusions themselves. Without proper discussion/debate they will believe the hype and then worry and become fearful, it's up to us to educate and lead by example, good example.

Depends where you live to be honest. I was living in London when the July 7th bombings happened. A few days later I was on the tube after work. The carriages were pretty full except for 1 of htem so obviously I got on that.

I looked around and I saw a couple of lads with lovely flowing beards who looked like they were from somewhere in Asia. They also had a few bags on them - big bags.

I was teh only other person on the carriage. Did the thought of "They could have bombs" cross my mind? Yes.

Very few people actually got onto the carriage over the whole trip while the other carriages remained packed. I guess its hard for someone to understand thats never been in a city where their are people activly bombing(and trying) public transport.

It's more fear driven as opposed to racism.

the_syco wrote:
    I was waiting for BB to go this way. Happens every time. They throw an assortment of people in that will cause friction, and bingo, lots of publicity.

Not sure if they haven't done it yet or not, but how about a gay, a homophobe, a black and a KKK member. And 6 other randomers. Should be about as crap as it is now. Lots of people will watch it, tho.

Seriously using the term "a black" to me sounds a bit off, anyway

I don't see a problem with bigbrother picking people from different backgrounds to go on the show, people from different backgrounds live and work together in society, so why not on the show. It just shows that there are underlying problems that people prefer to ignore rather than deal with. Putting a bunch of people comfortable with each other into the house would be no problem, some of the viewing might be friendlier, but it's hardly a true reflection of the world we live in. I'd rather see a mix of interesting people than a handful of people picked because they'll interact with each other safely

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eolhc wrote:
    Seriously using the term "a black" to me sounds a bit off
    Would you have a problem if had of said "a white"?

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    Would you have a problem if had of said "a white"?

I guess it's the same as jades mother saying "the indian", i thinks it's more repectful to say "the indian girl", "a black person", "a white person" really when it comes down to is it racist is it not, i wouldnt say it myself, i'd say a white car, a white person, but wouldnt say "a white", wouldn't class it as a racist term, but does show a lack of respect and some people might find it offensive

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

eolhc wrote:
    Seriously using the term "a black" to me sounds a bit off, anyway

I don't see a problem with bigbrother picking people from different backgrounds to go on the show, people from different backgrounds live and work together in society, so why not on the show. It just shows that there are underlying problems that people prefer to ignore rather than deal with. Putting a bunch of people comfortable with each other into the house would be no problem, some of the viewing might be friendlier, but it's hardly a true reflection of the world we live in. I'd rather see a mix of interesting people than a handful of people picked because they'll interact with each other safely
    Politcally correct people aren't interesting. People who can get on with other people aren't interesting.

A n|gger dissing homophobe will get people up in arms about it, and generate free publicity about BB.

A black person dissing the white people would be appluaded, and would be seen as "cool".

If they knew Jade didn't get on with coloured people, they'd have put in a coloured person, so that it'd cause friction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Big Brother is stupid instead of talking about this bull**** you should get a life u bastardssss:mad:

Im a bit confused here,can you just clarify something for me???Just why exactly then are you posting in the Big Brother forum??????????????????
    Reading through and posting on a thread about something you dont like seems pretty "stupid" to me.

I said i'd rather see mix of interesting people (don't know where you got politically correct from that) ie i dont care what type of people they put in the house. Ive no problem them putting in people that will clash. The show rules say it doesnt tolerate racism, so racism shouldnt be an issue between housemates and hasnt been till this week
    the_syco wrote:
    Politcally correct people aren't interesting. People who can get on with other people aren't interesting.
    the_syco wrote:
    I was waiting for BB to go this way. Happens every time. They throw an assortment of people in that will cause friction, and bingo, lots of publicity.

So you agree that things won't be interesting if they put people in that get on together into the house, and you complain that they put an assortment of people in that will cause friction. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Your daughter getting off of a bus because a man with Middle eastern features IS racism...
    Not necessarily.

When I lived in London it was a common occurrence for a black man to get pulled over if he was seen driving a flashy car. I had a friend who got pulled over at least two or three times a week purely based on his skin color. This has become known as racial profiling but I don't think the above is quite the same.

I was often reluctant to get on the same carriage as a group of rowdy black youths on the tube home to Brixton not because they were black and I was a lone white person but because I was hassled on a previous occasion by said black youths and was thinking about my safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

If it was a froup of white young lads on the Dart I wouldn't want to get on the same carriage either. So it's not racism to get away from someone you dont like the look of your just trusting your instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

foxy06 wrote:
    If it was a froup of white young lads on the Dart I wouldn't want to get on the same carriage either. So it's not racism to get away from someone you dont like the look of your just trusting your instincts.

I've been nervous about passing a gang of white lads in the street, but once when there was a gang of Asian lads I felt nervous, but guilty with it.

Fact is, there are worrying elements in all cultures.

About the black guy with a flashy car though, that does smack of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Has anyone seen the interview with Jade on the News of the World?
    She is basically saying that if she had heard Danielle saying that Shilpa should F*** off home she would have said something to her and she didn't know the girls were laughing after the oxo cube row because she was so angry with herself! Lmao two faced Bit*h!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

foxy06 wrote:
    Has anyone seen the interview with Jade on the News of the World?
    She is basically saying that if she had heard Danielle saying that Shilpa should F*** off home she would have said something to her and she didn't know the girls were laughing after the oxo cube row because she was so angry with herself! Lmao two faced Bit*h!

It's almost laughable to see how they are turning on each other.

It sickens me that I know people who are kind, decent and hardworking, but are struggling to make ends meet, whilst someone like Jade is raking it in, for doing what exactly?

At least Jo had a career of some sorts, and Danielle has cashed in on her body. Not that that is much to commend her for - but Jade has done absolutely nothing apart from be stupid and take all her clothes off on national tv.

It's like the media suddenly wanted create a superstar from a total nomark. Is that what Jade is - the result of some experiment that's gone horribly wrong?

OK sorry if I come across as uncool. I know they are supposed to be celebrities but I haven't the slightest idea who these people are?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

elivsvonchiaing banned for his remark...

If you don't like BB, stick to the 'Die Big Brother Die!..' thread.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

basquille wrote:
    elivsvonchiaing banned for his remark...

If you don't like BB, stick to the 'Die Big Brother Die!..' thread.
    Good stuff. Was just about to do it myself! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

the media reaction has been interesting.

The tabloids are laying into Jade Goody in their usual hypocritical manner.

The Observer / Guardian are playing it down; trying to make excuses for her behaviour and are getting high and mighty about people engaging in 'chav bashing'. Their whole attitude is pretty patronising and would be very different if it were a bunch of middle class post-rockers in the CBB house giving Shilpa grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Julep,

This is an honest, genuine question, and I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but what is your idea of a racist comment?

There are things that have happened on this show that the minority consider racist, other things have been said that people appear 50/50 on whether it's racist or not and other things that a strong/overwhelming majority feel have been racist without a doubt - I've noticed your comments in this and related threads and you don't appear to consider that anything said in the CBB house over the past week has been racist. Not even the poppodum or "F off home comments"??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

de5p0i1er wrote:
    Didn't Danielle once say about Shilpa "that she wants to be white" while she was bleaching her facial hair. Shes a racist bitch.

Ina ll fairness Shilpa did put that bleach pretty much all over her face.That was slightly odd. Its still well out of order what Danielle said though. This just show how much people change when there drunk and how alcohol has become such a staple of young english and Irish womens lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Julep,

This is an honest, genuine question, and I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but what is your idea of a racist comment?

There are things that have happened on this show that the minority consider racist, other things have been said that people appear 50/50 on whether it's racist or not and other things that a strong/overwhelming majority feel have been racist without a doubt - I've noticed your comments in this and related threads and you don't appear to consider that anything said in the CBB house over the past week has been racist. Not even the poppodum or "F off home comments"??
    I honestly do not believe that jade goody is racist. her comments in the papers yesterday were just made to subdue the masses and are part of the damage limitation actions taken by her publicists. i believe that she has extremely good PR people and managers and they are the people who have helped her make her money.
    is she a bully?
    Yes, without a doubt. I believe she knew damn well that she was bullying Shilpa and that she though that her actions, like those in her previous appearance on big brother, would once again win her the hearts of the chavs in britain.
    as for danielle, have you ever been in an arguement with someone and told them to go home?
    I know that I have and those people were all white and Irish (except for one, whose father is coloured, but the guy was being a dick anyway). I think that danielles comments were taken out of context as Shilpa had earlier mentioned that she may quit and go home, thereby giving danielle the oppotunity to say what she said.

Bottom line: Three extremely dumb girls who will get their comeuppance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

the_syco wrote:

A n|gger dissing homophobe will get people up in arms about it, and generate free publicity about BB.

A black person dissing the white people would be appluaded, and would be seen as "cool".

If they knew Jade didn't get on with coloured people, they'd have put in a coloured person, so that it'd cause friction.

I know you probably don't mean to be racist or engage in racial stereotyping, but just so you are aware of it, the term "coloured" is exactly that, racial stereotyping, as used by the Apartheid regimes in South Africa before liberation.

see this from Wikipedia.

It shows just how easy it is to stray into such fraught areas.

The sins of the past are truly coming back to haunt us all.

The days of white (Western/European) supremacy are over alongside the triumphalist mentality which accompanies it - as witnessed by recent events which have made news around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think everyone's getting too caught up on the whole racist / non-racist aspect of this in order to be seen to be Politically Correct. That in itself is diluting the real thing that was observed.

- Plain and simple bullying, and the pack mentality of bullies as shown by the three stooges (dumb, dumber and dumberer)
    - Also the ignorance of the Chav types... "I know nuffink, and don't need to know nuffink, 'cos I is famous and loaded an' stuff. Yeah?"

Advertisement