Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the next step

Options
  • 18-01-2007 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭

This is my first post :)

Basically I’m need advice on what is the next step to take in regards to a computer-networking course. I have a diploma in computers and e-commerce that I achieved a couple of years back. I got my first job in technical support when I finished college and left after six months and I found it quite boring with the same old questions etc. I'm not greatest when it comes to computers themselves, like reinstalling windows, formatting your hard-drive, using boot disk etc.

I'm quite bored in my current and decided that I want to do a network course so I could get a job as a network administrator (that’s the plan ). I've talked to few people about what would be the best course to do, I’m hoping to do this part-time simply because I can't go back full-time because I have bills to pay like most here:). I have browsed through boards under the EDU and have noticed people mention A+ and N+.

Anyone out there who is a network admin, could you please point me the right direction and also if you could recommend any part colleges around the northside would be great as well.

Thanks for the replies in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=882

This new forum might also be worth checking out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is your dip fetac/hetac/c&g/ICM/other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Yes i got my diploma in blackrock college some yrs back now.

I have being looking at BCT, but also saw a thread for horizons posted here as well. I think from talking to a few that A+ and N+ are probably the best to start of with, just looking for opinions from other's who have maybe being in the same situation as myself.

Advertisement