Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Davenport has Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Had high hopes but he bever showed the consistency required. Thanks Calum.

Expect us to have anther CB in before Jan 31, though knowing Levy he'll try to do it on the cheap and we'll end up with the defensive version of Raziak. Chimbonda can cover CB in an emergency, though that might mean Stalteri at RB...*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Robxxx7 wrote:
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/davenportdeparts.html

He's gone to West Ham, although it doesn't mention a fee it is suspected to be around £3m ....

Leaves us a bit short as far as central defence cover !

Yes indded it does. Though it probbaly means we will be signing someone very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if a deal has be done to take him away, i expect us to sign a replacement within days.
    its not a club that would mess around and leave gaps anymore.

we actually only have 2 centre backs fit right now, dawson and gardner.

besides, if chimbonda plays cb, then lee would play right back, not staltari.
    can we make sure hes injured for the rest of the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bell & Hare Yid

I suppose Thudd could also play centre-half, but it'd be a shame to move him from midfield, he's been a revelation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Davenport played well at times but to my eyes always looked a bit "flimsy"...Jol must have seen something in him,particularly in training and thought that he wasn't going to improve.Seemed like a nice chap and prone to the odd crazy dash into the opposition's half....far preferable to Dawson's daft 60-yard diagonal whacks.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I hope we have a replacement in mind quick!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hard to judge Davenport because most of the time when we saw him play he was paired with Daws. Both similar up and at em centre half types. If Davenport had been playing with Ledley we might have seen him in a better light.
    Anyway he was always gonna be 3rd choice behind King and Daws so best for him to move on.
    Best of luck to him at West Ham in the championship.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

not sure why he was so desperate to leave. doesn't he know he'll be playing in the Championship next season.

so what you all think of this Rocha dude? I really don't know much about him.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement