Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Own Weight Loss

Options
  • 18-01-2007 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Well,

Ive been reading lots of entries into journals. I need to loose some weight myself so am going to use this to try and keep me on the straight and narrow - give me a bit of motivation.

First of all, I dont know what I weight (yet). I am going to buy weighting scales this weekend. I estimate that I am about 3/4 of a stone over-weight. I estimate that from my clothes being smaller and the amount of sh*te I ate over the crimbo/winter. Oh and of course those lovely love-handles that have now appeared.

I really badly need to get exercise. I try use an exercise ball for about 10 mins a day. I am not in a gym. too many bills to pay at the moment. Getting the motivation to walk in this weather is terrible. I have 2 bridesmaid's duties this year and want to look my best.

I am 5' 7'' tall. I normally reside between 10 1/2 stone - 11 stone. At the moment am a size 14. All I want really is to be a comfortable size 12. Not looking for unrealistic results I think.

Anyways, I had a fairly good diet going. Then I had a few stressful months (still stressful) and went out of a regime.

Yesterday for example, I was so mad at myself.

Breakfast: Weetabix with skimmed milk
    Break: Coffee no sugar

Lunch: Chicken tomato pesto sandwich. Half normal size bag of hunky dorys
    (would never normally eat crisps on a weekday)

Dinner: Well, I had 2 dinners :mad: I met a friend of mine in town who decided they were hungry. So we went to a place. I only planned on having a coffee (I had two large slices of wholewheat bread before I left - dripping in butter - another thing I would never normally do).

Anyways, we shared a plate of nachos dripping in sor cream, cheese etc and half a burger.
    I told my partner that I would cook for him (that I wouldnt eat anything in town) so by the time I got home it was 9pm. I then cooked 2 chicken kievs, with baby potatoes, onions and mushrooms fried in olive oil (courtesy of my partner).

So I ate all that. Am so mad with myself. Keep going for the wrong options. I need to get healthy again. At the moment I feel so slow and sluggish. Today is another day I guess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I feel terrible.

I ate like a horse at the weekend again. Went out 2 nights -drank etc.

I dont know what is going on with me. Normally I am very very good with eating food. I have noticed that I eat as much as my BF. Maybe I have gotton into a bad habit. He plays sports so he is ok. Im the one getting fat. He eats lots of crisps and takeaways.

I havent managed to buy weight scales yet. Now I really am scared of what they are going to say. I badly need to exercise.

I know we all make a decision to take food and stuff it into our gobs, but sometimes it is made a little too convenient.

I had to have a serious heart to hreat with the bf last night.

I told him I couldnt eat any crap food anymore, and that although I know he is showing me affection by buying me food, he cant keep buying crisps, chocolate etc.......

He went to the shop last night to get an ice cream for himself, and god help us, he arrived back with a little tub for me also. But I didnt eat it. I explained that I cant eat as much as him. (Oh how I would love to).

I am a few pounds over weight at the moment but there is noway that I am going to get heavier. The more I eat like a horse the more it will take to shift it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

I hope you dont mind me posting here but, If you like to eat (like I do) there are other ways around this problem, roughage is great for filling you without producing any real weight gain you just need to find the correct item that is low in fat and high in fibre but also in taste. I would love to help you out there, http://healthyrecipes.wordpress.com/tag/high-fibre/ you might want to check that link out and there are plenty more out there.

Hi I&I
    Thanks for that.

Well, yesterday I bought the weighting scales and it says I am 11 stone 2lbs.

I would be happy to loose a pound a week. I am not happy with the way I look at the moment.

I dont know what kind of shape I am, but I have fairly skinny legs, but all my extra weight, like alot of women I guess, goes on around my waist. So I have a quite spare tyre there.

The other thing I know about gaining weight is that my back will start to hurt - it hasnt yet, but will soon.

Before my terrible eating habits started, I used to have weetabix and skimmed milk in the morning and a coffee at 11 (no sugar). I wouldnt be hungry. Now I find myself ravenous -pains in my belly - with the hunger at 11.

I try resist scones etc, but they have gotton the better of me.

Is it the less you eat, the less you crave? i.e your stomach gets used to the amount you eat?

• Advertisement

Well, I tried on the first of the bridesmaids dresses last night.

I am normally a size 10-12. She got the dress (which is beautiful by the way) in a size 12. Could only manage to get the zip up half way.

So, it was a big realisation for me.
    Now that was one kick in the ass.

She started to panic a little. I was mortified. I had to reassure her that I was/am going to loose weight. She said that she didnt want to put pressure on me. I was completely mortified.

So, have a few months to loose the spare tyre.........

I am going to go the fibre way (as suggested already). I used to eat loads of fibre foods. It does indeed fill you up. Thats how I used to manage my diet/hunger.

Had a few words again with my bf last night. Well he had a few words with me.

I went to the shop and he asked me to get him a packet of doritos. So i got them. Then he offered me one and I said no thanks. So he started "you seems to have picked up alot of bad habits since we started going out - I feel bad"........so I was like "yes I have, but thats my fault for shoving everything in my gob". I cant eat as much as you, but given the chance and excuse, I will".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

Hey dellas, glad to hear you are making some real decisions about losing weight. I was looking around the net again for more high fibre diet plans and the like, and I found this which I hope can help you come up with menus for the coming months: http://www.healthyeatingclub.com/info/books-phds/books/foodfacts/html/data/data2c.html

Advertisement