Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia 6310i: best phone of all time

• 18-01-2007 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi lads
    i am not alone with this belief
    if theres any fans out there plz leave a comment or if anyone would like to say anything about this statement
    thanks
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

YES i agree with you there.Its the best phone. I have been using different 6310i's for the past few years and have had NO problems with them at all, except had to change the cover 1-2 times.Hope they start making them again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Agreed. I had one at the time, and it was brilliant. Even allowed me to dial into the internet over bluetooth and a GPRS connection!

Of course I wouldn't want one nowadays as I need more features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Never bettered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I used to have one and thought it was great. Really for me the only flaw was it would unlock itself in my pocket, and there was no timer lock on the keypad. Otherwise it was a great design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Had one on loan once while my phone was being repaired. I hated it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

As far as mobile phones go this is the best IMO. The signal strength is great, the battery life is great and the sound quality is great.
    When ever I go on long trips I always pop my sim out of my "feature rich gizmo phone" and pop it in the 6310i. No need to worry about chargers and voltage adapters, the extra battery usually gives me 2 weeks of charger free happiness :)
    Obviouslly more modern smart phones are superior when it comes to extra features but for a getting the job done phone this is legendary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Agreed. I had one at the time, and it was brilliant. Even allowed me to dial into the internet over bluetooth and a GPRS connection!

None of your fancy gprs for me, no sir-eeee. It was laptop, bluetooth and HSCD for me.

A damn good phone, enough features and excellent battery life.

Anyone got a 6310i emulator for Windows Mobile 5? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

It was a workhorse of a phone I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good phone. For battery life, and reliability, it was superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

BuffyBot wrote:
    . I hated it.

Ditto.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I've had many different phones in my time, and I always keep coming back to the 6310i. It's what I use at the moment after a poor experience with its "spiritual successor", the 6230i. It's just a great reliable phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I've had many different phones in my time, and I always keep coming back to the 6310i. It's what I use at the moment after a poor experience with its "spiritual successor", the 6230i. It's just a great reliable phone!

Same here, I went back and forth from a number of different models but always went back it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Always keep mine as a back up for my battery hungry 6233

Advertisement