Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Markets in Limerick?

Options
  • 18-01-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Is the Saturday morning market up near the Icon still going on? If so, what time does it usually start and finish?

I'm not originally from around here, but years ago myself and the parents strolled around the market one Saturday we happened to be in Limerick shopping. Curious about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Hi,

The market starts at around 8am and finishes up at about 1.30pm or 2.00pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thanks for that.

Might give it a look this weekend if I can drag myself out of bed after the nigt before. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Are the waffle people still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

were at christmas time anyway...

there is also a small market in croom on a thursday...fresh fruit, veg...cakes ,fish....
    a flower stall and a lady selling cheese comes occasionally

its good for the basics and very cheap...

if you are in the way of croom...starts about 10am till 1.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It's still there, and is usually is pretty good but iirc, it's usually pretty poor in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Best to get to the Milk Market (Limerick one by the icon) before 12 some of the stalls close early if they run out of stuff. There is a guy there who makes the most orgasmic hot dogs - deffo worth getting out of bed early for.

Advertisement