Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers

Options
  • 18-01-2007 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

This is late organising (I was hoping that someone else would do it), but would people be interested in having a beers on Saturday? Before we go back? By then most of the ringfort dwellers would be back in civilisation, coughing on the shmoke of Dublin......

.....soooo. Anyone think its a good idea?
    We can decide the location on the thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'd definately go if t'were on-campus, may go if it's not.

/me doesn't like paying for bus fare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Why not have an on-campus beers the first day back? Lots of ppl have jobs + whatnot + I think it'd be a laugh to have them on Monday. My 2c anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I like the idea, I have a 21st this saturday, but otherwise I'd go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

600pm 23rd at the secret lake. knacker drinking, then later move to astra hall for jazz gig on at 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Dontico wrote:
    600pm 23rd at the secret lake. knacker drinking, then later move to astra hall for jazz gig on at 8.

JazzSoc abu! Hope to hell that the weather is alright - I was walking back from roebuck to clonskeagh about half three this morning... Most disgusting experience of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

Dontico wrote:

Newbie-Bad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Beers sounds good but can't go this Sat.

Can we please have it somewhere different for a change? Like I love the Porterhouse and all [I really do <3] but I'm a wee bit sick of it.

Yeah I agree with Scraggs. We hate the Porterhouse.

Can we get a bit more time for this. How about next thursday 8pm ? In Kennedy's on Westland Row. (ask Sangre where it is).

Ps: for the 4 that are actually going to turn up (no on campus beers ffs... we dont all live in Belview or Merverk or whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Pantsless wrote:
    Newbie-Bad.jpg
    He has more posts than you.
    People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pantsless wrote:
    Yeah I agree with Scraggs. We hate the Porterhouse.

Can we get a bit more time for this. How about next thursday 8pm ? In Kennedy's on Westland Row. (ask Sangre where it is).

Ps: for the 4 that are actually going to turn up (no on campus beers ffs... we dont all live in Belview or Merverk or whatever)

Thursday would suit me and I love Kennedys! Or doyles...either of those!
    Would people turn up if we had it then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Pantsless wrote:

Eh? Is that a gay bar joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Ah.. denial^

The first step on the road to acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Pantsless wrote:
    From Molly Malone's statue at the bottom of Grafton Street walk along Nassau St, past the cricket pitches of TCD, turn left at the end of the street onto Lincoln Place and the Dental Hospital, and continue walking around the curve. The next street to the left is Westland Row and Kennedy's is at the near corner, opposite the Royal Irish Academy Of Music.

[/music geekiness]

Sangre wrote:
    Eh? Is that a gay bar joke?

Its a Trinners joke :p . I think we are all tired of The Porterhouse at this stage. Kennedy's is very simular but a little quieter. Makes for better seating arrangements . Its on westland row. Which is behind Trinity college. A short walk from Nassau street.

1)Head to Molly Mallone
    2)Go down Nassau Street
    3)Road veres left. Take it.
    4)Kennedy's is there on the corner about 100 yards down.

So Thursday at 8pm? Looks like another small one?

Pantsless wrote:
    So Thursday at 8pm? Looks like another small one?

It's ALWAYS on a Thursday and I can't go :(.

Is anyone up for the Forum bar on Monday evening. I know it's not fantastic but it's handy, not the worst place in the world, is relatively cheap + I reckon there'd be a decent turnout. Anybody??

EDIT: Or even cheeky lunchtime beers? I just realised I have this Monday off :)

Dajaffa :

Perhaps I am a chronic alcoholic but I fail to see how one can get completly ratarsed over lunchtime beers or even evening campus beers (which have always been a failure!) when many have to get 1 or 2 busses home in the evening.

Panda we on for Kennedy's on Thursday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'd be up for monday AND thursday. How hardcore am i?

Pantsless wrote:
    Perhaps I am a chronic alcoholic but I fail to see how one can get completly ratarsed over lunchtime beers or even evening campus beers (which have always been a failure!) when many have to get 1 or 2 busses home in the evening.

1 I was at a decent campus beers in freshers week, good times

2 Me + elmo drive + can be lovely on occassion

3 Campus is handier for some peeps + the bus thing can totally be valid for some people for town beers

4 Beers seem to always be on Thursdays + some people can't do Thursdays which makes us feel excluded :(, Mondays is the day when there's the least stuff on

I'd be up for Monday town beers if we'd get a good turnout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

B-K-DzR wrote:
    I'd be up for monday AND thursday. How hardcore am i?
    I'll probably go to both, I have to make up for lost drinking time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

You know this kind of thread doesn't work you people need someone to say when the next board beers will be and when.Otherwise its all over the bar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Have drinks on campus..... more newbies will be more likely to come along then.

Dajaffa - Rather than have those who live on campus to have to make any effort to go to a bar while others have to make there way into town and home again ?

Bah **** this. I tried . You lot will never decide and 2 people will end up turning up at the center bar and it'll be ****e!

Zane - there wont be any n00bs because this forum is on its last legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Pantsless wrote:
    Zane - there wont be any n00bs because this forum is on its last legs.

**** it, I'd nearly go barring the sickening amount of boozing done in the last two weeks (or 72 hours even) and I'm new to all of this - I'm a bit suprised about the last legs comment; do you really mean it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pantsless wrote:
    Dajaffa :

Panda we on for Kennedy's on Thursday ?

Well Im up for thursday anywyas.Id prefer it to be in the student bar though but not fussed either way.I warn you though that the night before is med socs footballers and wags party so I might be still in character as posh!

You should start a new thread telling people when and where?
    And newbs do come!There alwyas great funa nd a brill way to meet new people in UCD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

But beware the one that's one too many:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055043410

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Bad cess to dajaffa and Scraggs. Monday night? I no longer want anything to do with you.

I won't be at either anyway. I'm getting too old for this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

we meeting for a cpl beers tomorrow then or whats the dealio? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Blush_01 wrote:
    I won't be at either anyway. I'm getting too old for this thing.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Dontico wrote:
    The glorious society of the free jazz want to point out that theres nothing at the lake.

On the other hand Dutchsoc wednesday god knows where...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Who's going to the lake? I may join yis for pre-gig merryment.
    On the other hand Dutchsoc wednesday god knows where...

What's on Wednesday? E-mail or bebo update perhaps?

Advertisement