Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD problem

Options
  • 18-01-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope somebody can help. Lately my Medion 15" LCD has developed an annoying problem.

When i boot the screen will work fine for about ten mins (sometimes much longer) and then the screen will go black. The only way to get the screen to show something is by unplugging it from the mains and plugging it back in.(this works maybe 25% of the time)

I suspect that perhaps it's lamp is on the blink as if i look close when the screen id black i can still see the mouse moving around.

I opened her up to have a look but i cant get at all the components inside without breaking a cover. I have tried the monitor on different computers and the same problem occurs. It's annoying to say the least and I have not found any help via google.

Any help or ideas as to what is wrong appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

That does not look like something that can be easily repaired I'm afraid, sounds like the back light is on the fritz. Seen it happen before on a laptop & had to send it away to be repaired.

Is it still under warranty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

no, unfortunatly. Are new backlights generally expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Like I said this is not something that can be easily repaired.

As I see it you have two choices;

A) Call Medion tech support tell them the problem & how much to repair a defective display, they will most likely say a lot if they even offer that service.

B) The cost of repairing the display will in all likely hood be not worth it as you could pick up a better/bigger display for the same price.

For example a 17" display can be gotten for €150 from Dabs.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

cheers, thanks for the advice. That monitor from dabs is cheap. Ill try rustle up enough to get one,

Thanks again

Advertisement