Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P990i signal strength

• 18-01-2007 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one of these from Vodafone? Not sure it matters that it is Voda but I got one a few weeks ago and either the local network is worse lately, or the phone isn't that great for my area. I had a HTC TyTN before that which is back for repair and it wasn't great but I did read that they are noted for weak signal to some extent. I expect it isn't as big an issue in Dublin or other areas but around New Ross, I find I get sketchy coverage in a few places and even the odd dropped call where I don't remember that with my Blackberry.
    Vodafone tell me that they did have a problem in the area that is now rectified and that was all they had to offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I've read one report on Amazon saying that the signal on the P990i with Cingular in the US wasn't great. I suspect it's Vodafone's network. Try your SIM card in a different phone, and see if the problem goes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks for that. I do have an old phone here still and keep meaning to swap it to try out. I will get to it eventually and that should tell me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I have the P990i (only got it yesterday though).
    I have compared it with another phone (w800i) in a few weak strength areas (Strawberry Beds for example) and found it to hold its own.
    Vis its wireless reception/broadcasting capabilities- I was very pleasantly surprised to pick up with good reception a network about 300m away. Putting in WEP passwords is a bit of a bitch- it won't let you use the keypad or the qwerty keyboard- you have to use the software keyboard, but that said it does tend to work. The business card reader is a total dog though.

Shane

Advertisement