Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/

Options
  • 18-01-2007 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had issues or delays with ordering from:
    http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/

It says Orders usually received in 1 to 4 days
    and if an item is out of stock you will be given the expected delivery time
    and the option to accept the delay,
    change an item or cancel for a full refund.

I ordered a scope on the 13th Jan and my credit card was charged on the 15th.
    However it still says my order is being processed.
    Normally online stores dont charge your card until after they ship your order,

I emailed them yesterday and today but have not heard anything back.

I thought they would at least have the order processed by now or have emailed
    me if there was an issue or if scope was out of stock etc.

Have not tried ringing them yet will give them another day or two.
    [EDIT] Just realised I dont see any phone number on their site! crap!

Had the same scope in my hands and was drooling at my local
    shop last week and could
    have bought it on the spot (but the price was 125UKP Vs 300 Euro)

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

I've never ordered from them but if I was you I would send them an email to let them know that if you don't receive a reply from them in the next 2 days you will log a complaint with your credit card company and get your money back. It might scare them into posting your order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

bullets wrote:
    However it still says my order is being processed.
    Normally online stores dont charge your card until after they ship your order,

Hmmm. Maybe they've charged you and are now just waiting to post your order? It'll stay processed till the moment it's sent. And then probably a little bit longer. My experience with some sites anyway.

I'd wait a little longer before jumping to any conclusions.

Oh and N.O.I.P, what are you doing in here?! Get back into airsoft before you start mentioning AEG's and end up getting more threads about firearms send into a forum about toy guns! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

I have purchased rifle slings, Butlers Creek flip-up covers, bipods, sunshades, sling quick release swivels and scope mounts from them (not all in the same order) .......never had any problem with them!

When purchasing items on internet from U.K. I have found that some items arrive within a day or two others take seven to eight days - don't know the reason.

If reporting a purchase to your credit card company the complaint must be received by them within thirty days of the transaction - after that they are extremely slow to take up the matter.

If it were me I would give them another 4-5 days then contact them by e-mail. If not satisfied then you still have plenty of time to contact credit card company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Its been three days calm down you dont even have a rifle to put it on! :rolleyes:

British post is unpredictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

o1s1n wrote:
    Oh and N.O.I.P, what are you doing in here?! Get back into airsoft before you start mentioning AEG's and end up getting more threads about firearms send into a forum about toy guns! ;)

Its only been a day and this Mod thing has already gone to your head, careful o1s1n or the US might end up putting your on their axis of evil list :D

Anyway bullets, J.R. is probably right perhaps I was being a bit too hasty and heres hoping everything gets sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

;) Thre have been similar queries on the airgun bbs site in the U.K. and the usual advice is to have patience, they seem a little slow but relaible.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

I bought stuff off them - very good to deal with I thought - had to return some rings as well and they gave a full refund no hassle at all.
    They are good to respond to emails as well which is always a good sign.
    Shipping was the usual from the UK. Post to the UK seems to take half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

After 3 emails to optics warehouse without a reply and ringing a phone number that
    was dis-connected I was starting to loose hope and get a little annoyed.

Had a missed call that the caller ID picked up at home. eventually figured out
    it was an English number so gave it a bell back and it turned out to be a guy
    from optics warehouse. He said he cant get the AGS scope for me and the
    manufacture cant supply it for now either.

He said he would send me out a more expensive "Nikko" brand scope
    24x with a sidewheel pallalax adjustment even though he would more
    or less be making a loss. Hopefully if he sends the correct Scope out to me
    I will be getting this:

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=NSP62456AGIR&cat=93

They dont have a (working) Tel Number on their webpage
    but if anyone needs the contact number PM me.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

that's a nice scope, happy days

Advertisement