Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Club in Ireland

• 18-01-2007 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

This should be a heated debate,but whwere does everyone think the best club/night is at the mo.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

This should be a heated debate,but whwere does everyone think the best club/night is at the mo.........

Lets be honest here in terms of clubs our standards are ****... I have been in clubs all over europe and a few in the states, we cram people into tiny venues and charge a fortune, your only getting going in the club and then its time to finish its an absolute joke, it also depends what type of genre your into aswell but i think alot of the promoters here are doing a good job considering what they are giving to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Ten in Waterford is a great club :) I drive drive down from Dublin just to go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

One of the best nights would have to be 110th Street at the Vic in Galway.
    Utterly ****e venue though, just like most others in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

Copper Face Jacks! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Copper Face Jacks! ;)

:D

I'm not sure to be honest as im not really on the club scene anymore, but years ago Sides DC was Ireland's greatest ever club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

The Trinity Rooms in Limerick can be good at times. They had a fashion tv night there before christmas and it was a great night. They also get the guys from Hed Kandi there from time to time and Roger Sanchez there in October. It is pretty impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Copper Face Jacks! ;)

x2 lol Ronan walks off whistleing a tune he heard in Coppers one night............We all live in the yellow submarine.....whistle whistle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 IceBox

The Asylum:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The Purple Onion:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Any with a fast food stand in it so aint gonna get lost while gettin food before ur taxi :D Kellys in portrush and is one in Letterkenny like this, cant remember its name though :p

• Advertisement

IceBox wrote:
    The Asylum:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wrong...

SIDES DC;)

I was in Tripod last nite for the first time since it was the Red Box and very impressed indeed, also good to see the bouncers aren't intruding your privacy when your going to the cubicle in the jacks as well like they used to;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 supply72

Best Club Ever was SIDES DC....No competition at all!!!!!! The Olympic was alright in the early days....but Sides is the Pele of Irish clubs and the Asylum was Vinnie Jones!!!! If you honestly think The Asylum was better than Sides then you either had never been to sides or you know nothing about nusic or the club scene in Ireland:D

supply72 wrote:
    Best Club Ever was SIDES DC....No competition at all!!!!!! The Olympic was alright in the early days....but Sides is the Pele of Irish clubs and the Asylum was Vinnie Jones!!!! If you honestly think The Asylum was better than Sides then you either had never been to sides or you know nothing about nusic or the club scene in Ireland:D

agreed 100%, nowhere could compare with Sides for music and atmosphere (Ormond Multimedia Centre in the early days ran it close on occasions) , as someone who went raving several times a week for over 10 years :eek: i do know what im talking about when it comes to clubs in Dublin!!

PS-Love your description about Sides being the Pele of Irish clubs and The Asylum being the Vinnie Jones :D

Sides was the first and the best by far in Dublin. Some of the nights in there will go down in history. They had some of the greats playing there before the Asylum was even thought of! Suger Sweet in Belfast also deserves a mention and of course Sir Henrys! All top clubs in their citys. Somw decent places came after but none lived up to the daddy of them all, Sides. Remember some really good Raves too. Think people got a bit snobby about Raves at a certain stage in the early 90`s but we have to remember wiyhout the Raves we wouldn`t have had the whole scene. Carl Cox in Cork in 91 was a great Rave and some of the early nights in the Olympic Ballroom were good too. Pity it all went a bit pear shaped in 93/94 when the Garda start clamping down and scumbag gangs tried to take over. The quality of the pills and atmosphere went downhill from then on. Still go clubbing now and again, especially Old Skool nights or if we have a good DJ in town. Weatherall, Perry, Digweed, Sasha, Carter, Clarke and many more. Some shockin DJ`s out there too making money. BBC Radio one normally employ them.:)

Just lettin you know from the last thread the DJ`S i mentioned are legends Weatherall, Sasha, Digweed, Perry, Carter, Clarke.........didn`t want to mention the ones i think are ****....but you know the type....as i said normally work for Radio 1!:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Wouldnt have a clue about clubs these days but to add to the debate of the best ever...for me it was the Temple of Sound, hands down. Best DJs played there, it still amazes me looking back over flyers the names that appeared during those few short years :o

Billy Nasty, Dave Clarke, Justin Robertson, Fabio Paras, David Holmes, Rocky & Diesel (hit & miss with them but some good nights), Nick Warren, Darren Price, Stuart Mc Millan (Slam), Ashley Beadle, Orde Miekle, Eric Powell, Claude Young, Terry Farley, Red Marc, Howie B, John Aquaviva, James Lavelle (before Unkle existed), Felix Da Housecat, Andy Weatherall etc

2nd for me was the UFO, a nice f*cked up venue :)

Think you will find most of them played in Sides before the Temple ever opened mate. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I never suggested, mate, that they played exclusively in the Temple of Sound. I only starting going to the Temple in about '94 and wouldnt have a clue who played where prior to that...except for what I hear in more recent years, like on internet forums :)

Anyway, as I said, the Temple of Sound was the best club for me, a lot of excellent DJs played there and I believe these same DJs played other venues :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

The thread is about clubs at the moment guys. There are plenty of threads about sides v whatever clubs were around in the mid 90s.

I have been out of the clubs lately, but of what I saw of 2006 I think the Stereotonic boys are doing a great job in Rogue on Dame St. It's a small venue but the acts and atmosphere are the best around if you like your house music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

"at the mo"

that by-passed alot of you lads in the OP didnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

tman wrote:
    One of the best nights would have to be 110th Street at the Vic in Galway.
    Utterly ****e venue though, just like most others in Ireland.

gotta side with tman on this,very hard to sick of the place,first to bring over so many names like justice,erol,2manydj before they were all massive,the venue could be better alright,but its not a porpose built club.its got the right crowd.the guest never fail to be blown away by the atmoshere.Not to mention the the best residents in the land,full of suprises,flawless djing but never take things to seriously:) :):)

Advertisement