Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windiest Period Ever?

Options
  • 18-01-2007 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

This may be just wishful thinking on my part but having seen a fence get battered to pieces over the last four weeks I am beginning to wonder. So does this last month or two rank up there? More specifically even though we have probably had longer periods of wind have we ever experienced so many days with wind at such ferociously high speeds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Well they were interviewing an Irish climatologist on 5-7 live this evening and he spoke about this. He said that this spell of storms is actually normal enough weather for Ireland in Winter and were a regular occurrence in the nineties. It's just that we have gotten away with things for the past couple of years with quiet Winters (relatively speaking). In fact last Winter was the one of the quietest periods on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Darwin wrote:
    Well they were interviewing an Irish climatologist on 5-7 live this evening and he spoke about this. He said that this spell of storms is actually normal enough weather for Ireland in Winter and were a regular occurrence in the nineties. It's just that we have gotten away with things for the past couple of years with quiet Winters (relatively speaking). In fact last Winter was the one of the quietest periods on record.

I'd have to agree strongly with this, the absence of storms in the last few years being noticed on my part. But in the first half of the 90's, january storms were regular as clockwork. Pity Im not at home on the west coast... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Oh believe me you would not love to be on the west coast,unless of course you love gale force winds??
    When is this spell of winds going to stop anyway?? Please be soon...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Excuse my school boy humour

But im glad this post is in the weather section as the posts title nearly made me choke on my tea

rofl.

Advertisement