Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options
  • 18-01-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Hi all, not an issue, more of a query:
    Since when did Amazon move to Jersey? I was looking to buy the Blue Planet DVD set (I ended getting it on Play for 22.49 delivered), and I saw Amazon had it for £14.99 (plus £1.88 pnp). I wasn't going to buy it there, but I just went to the second-to-last page I noticed that they were charging *VAT* on top of the price for the DVDs.

Seemingly as you're buying from Jersey, you're now deemed to be importing from outside the EU, and have to pay VAT. Since when has this been the case with Amazon, anyone know?

Admittedly, the last thing I bought from them was in 2004, so it could have been the norm for a long time!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

They have been listing Jersey options on certain items for at least the last two or three years (since I started shopping with them).

Advertisement