Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Several WWE Superstars Relesed

• 18-01-2007 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

WWE Has Come To Terms of Tony Mamaluke,Al Snow (He'll Continue Working as a Trainer),Gangrel,Gymini And Doug Basham

Credit WWE.com

I Was Really Looking Foward to Seeing Gangrel in ECW and The Bashams Coming Back to Spice Up the Tag Division on SD!,Gymini was Just $h!te

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

tony mamaluke was brilliant i thought...
    i cant belive it took them so long to fire doug bashem!!
    and isnt this the 2nd time the gymini have been fired??
    which reminds me where's simon dean these days??
    and gangrel was hired by the WWE again in the first place??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Meh Mamalule is so so at best imo. Not that I've seen it for myself but people on other message boards are saying how great a singles wrestler Doug Basham is. Simon Dean/Nova recently got a promotion to Tommy Dreamer's old position within the WWE.
    I guess Gangrel was re-hired if it says he got fired :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

sylvester terkay was also released looks like the WWE are doing a bit of a clear out. if we are lucky maybe they will get rid of khali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JATOH

Danny Basham,Jazz,Rodney Mack and Christopher W.Anderson was also released
    If It Go's Like This ECW Will Have No Wrestlers At all
    My Guess Is Roadkill,Layla,Shannon Morre,Daivari And KC James & Stevens Will Go Next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Getting rid of Terkay and Anderson makes absolutely no sense.

Couldn't care less about the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

The Queen song "Hammer To Fall" comes to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looking at it from TNA's standpoint, the only wrestler there I'd consider snapping up would be Jazz if they are intent on building up their women's division.

To be honest I think the names the WWE have gotten rid of are average at best.

Maybe the Bashams can still offer something but most in my opinion are average.

And to anyone who didn't realise it, ECW is definitely finished but I never watched it after the December to Dismember PPV so I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Doug Basham is a good singles wrestler, he had some great matches on Velocity back in the days when it had the best wrestling on tv

I think Gangrel was hired to be a part of the "supernatural" feel on ECW, but the vampire lad got that role instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Gangrel was suppose to team up with that other vampire lad on ECW but the wwe wanted him to lose weight before they put him on tv, didnt here about Rodney Mack being releasesd again, he was suppose to get a push this year. Not a bad wrestler if I remember rightly just his gimmick was ****. They were suppose to repackage as JYD (junk yard dog) type character if I remember rightly...I think he was trained by JYD....Hopefully they'll cut a few more of the no hopers now and try and freshen up a bit. Sean O'Haire is looking for a return to wrestling, would love to see him used right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

oh how i miss the daus of Demolition, The Nasty Boys, The Rockers, Hart Foundation, Strike Force and The British Bulldogs and co.

Compare these with the Spirit Squad London and Kendrick World greatest Tag team and we really are in a sad state. (Reunite the Hardys, Bring Back Edge and Christian);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some of those names had a lot more to give in my opinion. Tony Mamaluke is an outstanding wrestler as is CW Anderson. I also kinda liked Terkay.

Apparently an announcement saying Tatanka and Knox were released cropped p on WWE.com for 15 minutes yesterday before being taken down. Meh to Tatanka but Knox is a decent mid card heel.

Release Heyman already so he can go to impact along with the quality wrestlers they released and compete legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Brow wrote:
    . Tony Mamaluke is an outstanding wrestler as is CW Anderson.

I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Mamaluke and CW gone? If ever there was an obvious sign that WWE has given up on ECW, that's it. They were great wrestlers.

To replace these 11 or 12 guys WWE has signed ROH semi-regular Crazy Ace Steel and former TNA jobber Cassidy Reily.
    I know Ace Steel has been appearing on WWE shows for the last 6 months or so but I dont see the point in him signing, apart from the obvious. He's not going to get a push and most likely he will be released in 6 months. Even still, congrats Ace!

Oh, cool. He's not the biggest guy around, so Ace will hardly do anything major, but fair play to him. Cassidy Riley....how could he be anything more than a jobber in WWE?
    I don't know when ECW airs over here, so I don't know if this is a spoiler or not, but he was a jobber on ECW this week anyway, got plenty of TNA chants so I hear, as Monty Brown was his opponent

Correction: Marquis Cor Von!
    At least he still has the POUNCE!!!

I'm glad he's not taking up air time in TNA anymore. Just heard that Tatanka has been officially released

tastless and user is banned

Yeah real funny smart ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

glad to see Tatanka gone. he never entertained me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Some people sent in emails to various news sites about seeing Tatanka & Mike Knox name on the list of people released but were taken down. So if Tatanka is now officially gone then maybe Know is next.

Pity about Jazz though, I think she would of made a great heel on Raw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DublinGangster

CW Anderson posted the following message on his MySpace account in regard to his release from World Wrestling Entertainment's ECW brand yesterday:

First, I want to thank everyone for the messages, comments and emails on the well wishes of my release. I wish I could respond to each email that I've received but I really appreciate each one. I will be on the indies soon and back to Japan. Keep checking back as I'll make more posts and updates on whats going on.

While ya waitin for the next one

Keep ya hands high!!

CW

Anderson's MySpace.com account can be found at http://www.myspace.com/cwanderson

I don't think so.

With regards to both, or one of them? Cause in any sense thats an absurd comment to make.

What Do U Want Vince To Say Brow,cw Anderson Was Good,C'MON HE WAS **** give Me A Break (i Think I'll Have A Kit Kat)

Brow wrote:
    Tony Mamaluke is an outstanding wrestler as is CW Anderson.

At the risk of sounding absurd I do not think either CW Anderson or Tony Mamaluke are outstanding.

Kobashi, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Micheals, Joe, Danielson, and Daniels are outstanding wrestlers. Obviously you can add more to that list. But the names CW Anderson and Tony Mamaluke would not and will never be included. Why? Because they are not outstanding and I don't think they would even say they are.

^^ Same Ere,everytime Someone Gets Released People On This Board Always Say That They Were Excellent Wrestlers Give Me A Break (i Think I'll Have Another Kit KAt)

Three developement wrestlers are the latest releases. From WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of the following talent. WWE wishes them all the best in their future endeavors.

WWE Developmental
    Greg Groothius (Jack Bull), Steven Adkins (Seth Skyfire), and Ryan Reeves were most recently training at WWE's Ohio Valley Wrestling developmental territory.

EDIT: Four more developement wrestlers released: Mike Taylor, Tracy Taylor, Tony Salantri, and Thomas Farra all from DSW.

Also released DSW trainer Bill Demott, bringing the total to 20...so far.

Anderson may not have been outstanding, but I was hoping that if ECW continued to bleed their main-event talent (oxymoron, I know) he'd get a bit of a push. Along with half a dozen other deserving wrestlers on the ECW roster, who were pushed aside because Balls was the only original who hadn't done time in WWE who they thought was worth a push. Oh, and Sabu, but they continue to bury him.

Anderson's match with Punk was an example of what the new ECW should have been about.

You Must'nt Know Much About Wrestling If You Think Cw Anderson Is Good,but Other Ecw Stars Shud Have A Push E.g Sabu,balls,dreamer,sandman And Little Guido All Them Are Excellent Wrestlers And They Have Lashley And Test In The Main Event Ecw Is Going Downhill Fast,

• Advertisement

JATOH wrote:
    You Must'nt Know Much About Wrestling If You Think Cw Anderson Is Good,but Other Ecw Stars Shud Have A Push E.g Sabu,balls,dreamer,sandman And Little Guido All Them Are Excellent Wrestlers And They Have Lashley And Test In The Main Event Ecw Is Going Downhill Fast,
    I like to think I know a little bit about wrestling. For instance, I know enough about wrestling to say with some confidence that different people like different styles. I know enough to notice talent in some guys, even if I don't particularly like watching them. For instance, I don't like watching the likes of Dreamer, Sandman, and Balls. All three of them seem to be lost in matches without weapons, or (in the case of Balls versus Striker) are just boring. But I recognise that they have a charisma and an in-ring psychology that appeals to many fans, Sandman in particular. I have to say, I'm a little bit annoyed at your statement that I don't know much about wrestling. If you were to give me a reasoned explanation as to why you don't rate Anderson highly, I'd love to hear it. But, please, try and not make it personal.

Sandman,balls And Dreamer Are More Entertaining Ten Them Losers Who Got Released I Bet Jamie Noble Is Gone Next

Maybe in terms of charisma but Anderson, Mamaluke and Noble are far and I mean far superior wrestlers to each of the three you named. If you saw the work they did in ROH, Japan or in ECW youd have a broader opinion but Im thinking youre only limited to WWE in your viewing.

In reply to Vince, when you put it like that, yeah the wreslters you named are outstanding and maybe Mamaluke and Anderson are outside their category but it doesnt take away from the fact they are more talented than ~70% of the current roster in WWE in terms of mat skills. Some of the work ive seen them do is really outstanding.

Update from PWInsider.com
    To update you on Mike Taylor and Tony Salantri (a/k/a Tony Santarelli), who were released from their WWE developmental contracts yesterday, they worked as a tag team known as High Impact in Deep South Wrestling. The duo was slated to appear on WWE’s SmackDown brand at one time and were the first ever Tag Team Champions of DSW.

Mike’s wife Traci Taylor, who was signed to a WWE developmental deal after husband, worked with Mike in training the Spirit Squad on their cheers as both of the Taylors have a background in coaching cheerleading competitions.

It is interesting that WWE released The Gymini with them being the current holders of the Deep South Wrestling Tag Team Titles. It remains to be seen if WWE will allow them to come back to at least relinquish the championships, but look for the new holders to be the team Urban Assault which is composed of former TNA star Siaki and Eric Perez.

Two husbands and wives made unemployed by WWE in the same week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Jazz should go to TNA. She can do the whole, "I stand for TNA, not Tit's n Ass but Talent N' Ability" She was doing something similar in Classic ECW.

As for the other couldn't give a Toss. CW was great in ECW, His delayed superplex is always a mark out moment. Mamaluke was ok too, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the X-Division.

As for Terkay, he has a legit MMA background and has potential.

• Advertisement

TNA are doing a storyline right now about Christian having hired a consultant who wrestles similar to Kurt Angle. They've teased it's Samoa Joe but maybe it will end up being Terkay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Can't see why everyone is feeling sorry for these guys. Your put out there to preform and entertain to keep the fans coming back. None of the guys released did that. Terkay i thought was terrible in the ring. Was stiff like a board, very boring. CW anderson was ok but had the same charisma problem. Mamaluke was alright too but the FBI are jobbers and is really no point in keeping them around anymore. It's odd that people say these guys were greats because i dont see how that would save them from being fired. That would just make them hasbins imo. Of course if they happened to become good again, i'm say WWE might consider hiring them back.

Stalfos wrote:
    Can't see why everyone is feeling sorry for these guys. Your put out there to preform and entertain to keep the fans coming back. None of the guys released did that.

How many of those released were given a chance to? Jazz got one televised appearance, Rodney Mack wasn't even put on TV. Mamaluke and Anderson didn't get much of a chance either.

I think people feel sorry for them because a lot weren't given a platform to show what they can do.

If they want to make money, they'd make it Puder.

They could promote a "shoot" fight between the 2. They wouldn't have any footage from WWE but its such an easy angle to shoot given the backround story to it. Plus Puder is a really good talker and has a natural charisma about him.

How many of those released were given a chance to? Jazz got one televised appearance, Rodney Mack wasn't even put on TV. Mamaluke and Anderson didn't get much of a chance either.

I think people feel sorry for them because a lot weren't given a platform to show what they can do.

You dont have to be on tv to be given a chance. I'm sure they were used in house shows and dark matches. You only get on TV if and when wwe say your ready. To make it on wwe tv, you have to have charisma and star power of some sort. none of those guys have the thing wwe was looking from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Stalfos wrote:
    You dont have to be on tv to be given a chance. I'm sure they were used in house shows and dark matches. You only get on TV if and when wwe say your ready. To make it on wwe tv, you have to have charisma and star power of some sort. none of those guys have the thing wwe was looking from them.

And yet according to some old news reports (i'll dig them up later), Talent Relations were told to hire more bikini/swimsuit models - go figure

ah here we go :)
    You should expect a heavy influx of brand new "WWE Divas" to join the promotion in 2007. World Wrestling Entertainment is currently on what is being called a "bikini model signing spree."

The WWE overlords have told Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis to sign between ten and fifteen bikini models. Furthermore, it doesn't matter if they have seen pro wrestling before in their lives. Basically, you should expect to see a whole lot more "Kelly Kelly's" than trained women wrestlers getting called up to WWE in the near future. Although, recent rating trends have indicated that the women segments haven't drawn as well as they have in the past. Then again, it doesn't seem to be of much concern for WWE as there would be some hot new young meat for the males to hit on backstage - seriously.

WWE currently has 23 female performers on the main roster. In addition to that, there's probably between 15 and 20 more girls down in the developmental leagues (though maybe half of them are under contract to WWE), and they're all vying for a shot to join the big leagues as well. It should be interesting to see if WWE will actually have 30+ women on the main roster by the end of 2007 (and perhaps between 50 and 60 girls affiliated with WWE if you include OVW and DSW), or if WWE will be forced to release some of the lower tier WWE Divas (and probably a good portion of the developmental girls) to make room for the next generation of WWE Divas as there's only so many people they can have on television - and perhaps under contract. At the very least, WWE's latest directive will surely put a lot of added pressure on all but the top female performers in the company for the time being.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I'm sure a lot of them are probably under that no wrestling for 3 month stipulation they usually put on the wrestlers. So I dont think any will pop up on TNA for a while, especially in the Cage/Angle fight. Having Puder show up would be good though.

Stalfos wrote:
    Of course if they happened to become good again, i'm say WWE might consider hiring them back.

For a lot of those wrestlers, it wasn't the first time that they'd been let go by WWE. Jazz, Rodney Mack, Sylvester Terkay, Gangrel and Tatanka have all been released in the past. So do you not think that WWE felt that they had "become good again", only not to use them to their full potential (apart from maybe Tatanka)?

I definitely feel sorry for Doug Basham, as he was a great singles wrestler, but I haven't seen him in a singles match (I don't remember one anyway) since he went onto SD. He's one of the people released who didn't get a fair chance, as he was bundled with Danny the whole time which didn't help him at all

Stalfos wrote:
    You dont have to be on tv to be given a chance.

Eh? You said "Your put out there to preform and entertain to keep the fans coming back", so how exactly can you do that if you're not put on TV?
    Stalfos wrote:
    I'm sure they were used in house shows and dark matches. You only get on TV if and when wwe say your ready. To make it on wwe tv, you have to have charisma and star power of some sort. none of those guys have the thing wwe was looking from them.

Charisma and star power? To make it on WWE TV you just need to look like a gassed out freak. See Khali, Masters, etc.

And your logic is flawed anyway since some of those released, Jazz and Rodney Mack for example, have been used on WWE TV before in their last run.

I don't know how you expect people to get over when you don't allow them a platform to get over. Some of those released weren't even given a storyline or any sort of character development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Lads now,in fairness, Rodeney Mack was shocking!
    He was a wannabe Masters but worse on the mic?
    am I the only one that remembers mack/henry with long as manager?
    They were shocking,Jazz is great though but probly not the look they wanted as she was nearly 2 butch if you get me? against the rest of the girls she would of had to have won every match and Mickie is far more appealing to the joe blog wrestling fan

I dont wanna make of hobby of this but this is what i get for defending WWE :(
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    And yet according to some old news reports (i'll dig them up later), Talent Relations were told to hire more bikini/swimsuit models - go figure

I'm with kip james(billy gunn) on that one :D
    Fozzy wrote:
    For a lot of those wrestlers, it wasn't the first time that they'd been let go by WWE. Jazz, Rodney Mack, Sylvester Terkay, Gangrel and Tatanka have all been released in the past. So do you not think that WWE felt that they had "become good again", only not to use them to their full potential (apart from maybe Tatanka)?

You can fall of the horse at any time although i'd say Jazz and Gangrel were probably let go because the had nothing for them. Who knows, Maybe WWE only hired them to keep them away from TNA or some other promotion for a while. People are hired and fired all the time from WWE. Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero, Test and lots of other were fired from WWE only to come back and become great so it can be done.
    Eh? You said "Your put out there to preform and entertain to keep the fans coming back", so how exactly can you do that if you're not put on TV?

I didn't mean TV. I meant to keep the fans coming back to shows. I been to some wrestling shows where they wrestlers were boring said i would never go back. That's what i meant. And not everyone can get on tv unless WWE make another show just to satisfy us. Your second point makes more sense so i'll agreed with you.

In my closing point, i'd just like to say that WWE have always made poor choices like firing Angle and not giving Christain or Matt hardy a push etc etc.. But could anyone really done anything with the guys who were released. I know i wouldn't have been able to given their bad gimmick or poor charisma. And if i were looking at ppl to fire, some of em woulda been in the top10 of my list.

Stalfos

Advertisement