Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

w810i Liquid Damage

• 18-01-2007 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

So I got sick on my w810i (long story) and since then most of the buttons don't work. The side buttons and a few of the buttons on the front work, but the rest don't. The screen is fine and it will play music. I've replaced the keypad but it didn't make any difference.
    Opening it up I guess voided my warranty even if it wasn't liquid damaged.
    Is there anything I can do or anywhere I can bring it for repair?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

I'm not recommending them as have no personal experience but shur you can give them a call
    http://www.mprc.ie/contactus.asp

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Where are my jeans from last night. In the wash. Panic sets in. Phone was not a bit wet - it was totally immersed in water and persil. Following a complete strip down and 3 day drying I reassembled it and it works 100%.

I can't see why some puke would do so much damage to it. These are indusrtial in my opinion.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It happened about a month ago so I think its gotten as good as its going to get without repair:(
    Thanks dohouch, I'll give them a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Cal wrote:
    Where are my jeans from last night. In the wash. Panic sets in. Phone was not a bit wet - it was totally immersed in water and persil. Following a complete strip down and 3 day drying I reassembled it and it works 100%.

I can't see why some puke would do so much damage to it. These are indusrtial in my opinion.

Cal.

How odd, I just did the same thing last weekend. I stuck my jeans in the wash and only copped on about an hour later that my phone must have been in them. I had a SE P900. Coz of the heat, the top half of the touch screen is completely screwed.
    Got myself a W810i, which I am more than happy with. I had been considering getting one anyway.

On a side note, anyone want to buy a SE P900 (it'll need a new screen ;) )

Advertisement