Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Project Highers Level

Options
  • 18-01-2007 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any ideas on how to show that the balls are empty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

see threw balls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

hey you could put an ldr in the botom of the holder so when the balls are gone the light will hit the ldr and set it off . any ideas on the launching of the ball . do any of u guys have ur projects started yeat i havnt started mine yeat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

You're certainly leaving it late. After you get it roughly working you still have to tweak it and get it all cleaned up.

yea i know no one in my school has actually started making their projects yeat . most of us will prob start workin on them this week but i also need to get the folder done i dont have too much of it done either . any of u guys have a workin project

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭heartwork93

Im usin a long lever micro switch at the base of the holder or the side near the bottom. Its a wreck the head to try and wire micro switches though, any good websites for help with wiring?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Iam getting on grand with mine, How many marks would you lose for leaving out the ''show the balls are empty''.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'd imagine simply shining a light (LED even) through one side would show they're empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

What percentage do you think that you are finished?

I'd say I'm about 40% :eek:

I've done everything (even 90% of portfolio) except

- Firing balls periodically
    - Show balls are empty.

All i need to do is the wiring now and the electronic shi*t.

i staeted mine yesterday . and i have a week to finish it . everyone in my class started this week and there is no materials in the school at all so we are pretty much banjaxed . does the two spinning wheels work to launch te ball . i aint doin it but i dont think itl b the best to make it work any of u guys use it

• Advertisement

iam using wheels, its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

90%
    Wow well done.

Releasing the balls periodically is a pretty big part of it though so you still have a good bit to do.

I know what I'm doing but it's just putting it all togehter.

Ive got no wiring done, iam pretty worried, as iam going on hols and wont be back till the 2nd of march (the deadline).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Taekwon-joe

I have done allot of my project at home and that doesn't include the portfolio. I'm still concerned about finishing it on time. I still need to get all my electronics together and working.

Also, it says that the project must be table mounted. Does that mean it has to be physically attached to the table? Mine just sits on top.

Mine just sits also, i think thats sufficient. Is your teacher ok with you doing it at home.
    Also, iam back from hols right on the deadline, but my teacher isnt worried, as he says the deadline means an examiner can come any time AFTER that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Taekwon-joe

Mine just sits also, i think thats sufficient. Is your teacher ok with you doing it at home.
    Also, iam back from hols right on the deadline, but my teacher isnt worried, as he says the deadline means an examiner can come any time AFTER that.
    Yeah he is fine with it. All the tools I'm using belong to my dad. Mostly I'm just filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

has anyone got a pneumatic valve that works under 9 volts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

the deadline is march the second? WHAT? :|

has anyone got a pneumatic valve that works under 9 volts ?

A what? :D

Advertisement