Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

?

• 18-01-2007 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

so i was in work today when i stated to get really bad cramps, so much so that i got kinda faint, never ever happened before so i took a few minutes and sat in the back but the pains just kept gettin worse, and then I got my period Very badly and still felt really rough so i went to the doctor. they examined me and asked a bunch of questions when it dawned on me that i'd actually missed a period and they reckon I had a very eary miscarriage, like 7 or 8 weeks. its not a big deal as when its so early theres really nothing to do so i just have to go back again in a few days. Dunno why I posted this up to be honest. just that i'm on my own tonight(boyfs away) and i'm kinda bummed out about the whole thing. feel a bit guilty cause i've been partying alot lately. don't think i'll tell him either cause i don't wanna worry him or anything
    thanks for listening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Firstly, sorry to hear about this.

Miscarriages can really affect people, male and female alike. Even if you didn't know you were pregnant, the loss of the baby might really play on you. You are feeling down now so you do need to talk to someone. Your boyfriend perhaps, or some professional help. How about your parents, family or close friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I'm very sorry to hear that. Its not a nice thing to go through alone.

Whether or not you tell your boyfriend is totally up to you, but i hope you have a good friend or someone you can talk to.

If you decide not to tell your boyfriend just make sure he doesnt hear it from anyone else or that you dont blurt it out in a row or something one night.

Look after yourself get plenty of rest, you will probably be tired and sore for a few days. Lay off the partying or booze or whatever til you get back to your full health though. They wont help you mentally or physically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

bummed out wrote:
    feel a bit guilty cause i've been partying alot lately

You did not cause this to happen. A large proportion of pregnancies end in miscarriage - it does not happen because of something you did or did not do.

I'm sorry for your loss - and it is a loss, albeit one you didn't realise at the time.

If you could get a friend to come over tonight that might be good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Its okay to be sad about it. And probably best to talk to someone or have a cry. Once its out in the open its easier to deal with.

Stay strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Sorry to hear that OP. Eventhough you were not aware of your pregnancy of course it is perfectly natural that it will effect you. Your body has been flooded by pregnancy hormones and now unfortunately you have miscarried. If you can I'd urge you to share it with your boyfriend or a good friend. It's not good to bottle it up and nice to know you can talk to someone if you need to. Plenty of people wrap themselves in cotton wool in early pregnancy so don't blame yourself for partying, it is not directly attributable. Hope you are OK, just pamper yourself and make sure you go back to your doctor for a D & C to prevent infection next week.
    Take care of yourself xx:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement