Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language Courses/Homestays/Boarding Schools in France

• 19-01-2007 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking to go over to France for about a month (May's the only month I can really do) this year, and was just wondering if anyone had any links to sites they found useful or organisatins they went with? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'll ask the French teacher in our school who's in charge of all the exchanges if she knows of anything on Monday.

You could wait 3 years and come work in a French campsite with me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

You might be a little late applying, I'm not sure.

Ask your school first of all anyway, your teacher'll know some stuff.

3 organisations-
    _ Apprendre et Vivre:

anne@apprendreetvivre.com

www.apprendreetvivre.com

_ E.I.L. Intercultural Learning:

info@eilireland.org

www.eilireland.org

_ ARAM

acceuil@aram-france.com

Sorry, I don't have a website for the last one, but they're the people I went with, and they're a really good organisation.

Are you looking to board or stay with a host family? I'd recommend boarding (everyone I know who had a host family [including myself :)] didn't *really* enjoy it), but it's up to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Rozabeez wrote:
    I'll ask the French teacher in our school who's in charge of all the exchanges if she knows of anything on Monday.

You could wait 3 years and come work in a French campsite with me ;)

Actually I was thinking of doing that some summer, it'd be a great summer job!

Sharon thanks for the links there, I'll look into them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

EF international languages courses. I was hoping to do one but my parents were reluctant so I can't. It's expensive but you get freedom if you do it as it's aimed at adults really.

http://www.ef.com/

Ask for a brochure.

http://www.ef.com/PROF/Brochure.aspx?prod=ILS

Good luck!

Hopefully in the Summer of fifth to sixth year I'm going to au pair in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

where would one apply for a campsite job in france?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

where would one apply for a campsite job in france?

You must be at least 18. I found it on www.Jobs.ie, check that out!

Advertisement